Sign in to follow this  
bstpeter

Nothing Fancy

A few years back while hunting at my Cabin in Maine a good friend of mine mentioned he bought a Bow on close out and was going to teach himself to hunt with a right handed bow even though he was left handed..My dad does it so I figured he could as well. Anyway to make a long story short two years later. I have a PSE Silverhawk sitting on my front porch when I got back from San Diego this weekend. It's been fired a few times but otherwise never used in the last three years I'm not even sure when the model came out. I've hunted whitetail back in Vermont when i was a kid with a 35lb re-curve so I'm not worried about 55lb draw weight just wondering if anyone has owned one and what they might recommend to add to it for Coues, Javelina. Thanks for your experienced opinion:-) Oh one other question I've never heard anyone mention this before but we use to hunt squirrels with Bows back home just for fun can you shoot jackrabbits in Arizona with a Bow with out going to jail..

Its alright to shoot jack rabbits with a bow. Arizona is pretty unrestrictive with weapon choice for small game.

B. An individual may use the following methods to take

small game, subject to the restrictions in R12-4-318.

1. To take cottontail rabbits and tree squirrels:

a. Firearms not prohibited in R12-4-303,

b. Bow and arrow,

c. Crossbow,

d. Pneumatic weapons,

e. Slingshots, and

f. Falconry.

REFER TO R12-4-216, R12-4-303, R12-4-304 and R12-4-318 OR READ APPROPRIATE COMMISSION ORDER FOR DETAILS.

Link to online PD regs, 2010-2011 :

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/h_f/regulations/...ations10-11.pdf

I have shot small game with my bow, but with arrows going for around 15-20 bucks each I just let them live. Maybe with a recurve I'd consider it again.

I have shot small game with my bow, but with arrows going for around 15-20 bucks each I just let them live. Maybe with a recurve I'd consider it again.

i get the 5$ arrows from wally world for this

id use a ruber blunt instead of some of small game points, they seem to take more of the impact and save u a few arrows

i get the 5$ arrows from wally world for this

i might try that, but that requires me going to wally world. I only go there when doing without something isnt an option.

I noticed the sights that come with this weapon are a bit strange they just slide into a slot they don't seem very secure should I toss those and get some different ones. I've never hunted with sights before.....I'm not above buying arrows from Walmart to wack rabbits I know a great place for Antelope Jacks 10lb plus

wallys always the first option for us budget minded hunters- i don't need name brand expensive items to have the same ammount of success!

check out ebay - lots of times get great savings on arrows -/ archery equipment - and since your just flingin them accross the desert - buy the ole aluminum leftovers and don't worry -

just get any ole 3 pin sight - set'm at 20-30-40 and go wack a few wraskels

just for the record you can hunt squirels with a bow here too!

Am I limited to three arrows while hunting dove! :lol: :lol:

Nope! Go after em with the "shotgun" technique!

title26m.jpg