Sign in to follow this  
king4wd

New Mexico Goats (Video)

Very cool guys! Congrats on the bucks. I just killed IN NM on Sat too. What unit were you hunting in NM, 29 for me? Check it out in the Antelope forum.

Sorry for my lack of camera skills! I wasn't as concerned as I should have been about getting it all on film. As I believe you can hear me say on camera (with a little editing for the children) "Just $#@#@ kill him, don't worry about me or the camera!" I'll do better on the next go round.

We had a great time and ended up sharing camp with the folks/outfitter who purchased the Landowner tags. They were extremely gracious, and great all around folks to be around.

There weren't too many big bucks around, but I can't imagine having a better time. We accomplished what we set out to do, which was to see some new country, have as much fun as possible, and to make good clean kills. Both bucks were on ice within 45 minutes of being shot and have provided some mighty fine eating for our families.

Finding ourselves done by noon on opening day, we took the scenic route home roaming thru the high country of northern New Mexico and southern Colorado. Talk about some pretty country! Next time I'm throwing in a fishing pole!

Good times were had by all and I apologize if videos of my ugly mug damage your computer screen!

Shoot straight!

Schmitty