Sign in to follow this  
Arizona Griz

Wanted English Setter female puppy

I am looking for a female English Setter puppy. If anyone knows of some for sale or even a breeder here in Arizona, I have already checked with a couple, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

A guy from the Cave Creek area named Paul Groger is who I got my last setter from 15 years ago or so. The guy who ran the pheasant preserve out by Pichacho lake also bred them. Try to get in touch with Web Parton, he used to run them. I know none of this is current info but it may be a start.

Good luck, great dogs.

Mike

Desert Pheasant Recreation 520-723-7234

774 North Wheeler Road 520-709-1019

Coolidge, Arizona 85228

ask for bob henson

heres website- scroll down he had pups for sale

sure bob or arlett will be able to help = i do believe they are on an elk hunt right now but you can leave a messge

sometimes they get dogs for relocation also

http://pheasantrec.com/

A guy from the Cave Creek area named Paul Groger is who I got my last setter from 15 year ago or so. The guy who ran the pheasant preserve out by Pichacho lake also bred them. Try to get in touch with Web Parton he used to run them. I know none of this is current info but it may be a start.

Good luck, great dogs.

Mike

I have a message into Paul already. Thanks.

Desert Pheasant Recreation 520-723-7234

774 North Wheeler Road 520-709-1019

Coolidge, Arizona 85228

ask for bob henson

heres website- scroll down he had pups for sale

sure bob or arlett will be able to help = i do believe they are on an elk hunt right now but you can leave a messge

sometimes they get dogs for relocation also

http://pheasantrec.com/

I talked to Bob yesterday. He doesn't have any right now but maybe by the end of the year. I did ask him to call me when he does just in case I haven't found one by then.

Thanks for the info guys.

if i were you i would go with bob/arltette henderson. they are great people and have some extremely nice dogs. unless you find a real nice litter i would wait for bob and arlette. and if you dont know much about training pick there brains. arlette taught me A TON about bird dogs

Bob is the pheasant preserve guy I was thinking of. The first time I saw his kennel I thought his setters were HUGE. Maybe it's because my little female was around 40 pounds and his big boned males looked to be 65+.

They were good looking dogs, but I would take a real serious look and anything Paul has to offer.