Sign in to follow this  
draggingnuts

My first texs hog hunt

It was an awsome hunt. The scale they had only went to 350 lb and it pegged it out so they guessed it to weigh 450 and the black one my friend shot they guessed to be about 550 lb. It was a rush cause we had just eaten lunch and we had been up all night sitting in a stand so we were taking a little nap and the guide came busting in and said we need to leave now. So we grabbed our stuff and headed out. Shortly after we left we spoted these two, my friend shot his in the chest and it dropped. Mine took off so i skirted anound and shot. It was a good shot but it didnt go down so i kept following it and got another good shot on the other side but the bad boy still didnt go down however it wasnt moving very fast by now. so i took another shot and the thing finaly went down. We looked at it and my first 2 shots were right in the kill spot and i was using a lever action 357 with 158 grain bullets and it took 3 to drop it. It was exciting but those are one tough animal!!

post-2404-1285301634_thumb.jpg

post-2404-1285301734_thumb.jpg

I've been really wanting to go pig hunting and that my friend is a monster. If you don't mind me asking, was there a trophy fee for his size?

Those are some monsters! Pretty cool, congrats. What ranch did you hunt? I've been hog hunting a couple times and it sure is fun.

The ranch was 90 miles east of san antonio. We didnt have to pay a trophy fee cause we bought the trophy hunt. We figured if we were going all that way it might as well be worth it.