Sign in to follow this  
kidso

23N trail cams

Here's a few more pics from my 23N game cams. I was hoping that my cams had not been destroyed or stolen...and they were fine. Had a few non-hunters on there too, but they just looked into my bucket and nothing more.

post-4429-1286684905_thumb.jpg

post-4429-1286685007_thumb.jpg

post-4429-1286685045_thumb.jpg

post-4429-1286685101_thumb.jpg

post-4429-1286685138_thumb.jpg

I have no idea if elk picture number one shows a break or not. I think picture 2 and 3 are the same bull and he might have a small antler tip broken off on the right side. I know little to nothing about bull elk as I have only ever hunted cows. I thought it was a cool elk picture in photo one, as I thought the bull was sniffing the female to see if she was ready to ovulate. I can post another pic or two of that photo a few seconds later and it may reveal a broken antler piece.

Another kind of funny thing was that I took my laptop into the field to check my trail cams, as half the time I can not review my pics on a hand held digital camera. Anyways, I did find two hikers at one cam and they were respectful, and I think they never even saw the cam. When I got down to my LAST picture, however, I saw three hunters in camouflage who were doing some crazy dance ---for they realized they were on a trail cam. I thought that it was a respectful thing for them to do, acting silly versus vandalizing or stealing the cam. And then it hit me like a brick thrown into my head...those three crazy guys were us checking the cams! AND we were not doing a CRAZY dance! That pic is simply how we were snapped as we were moving in on the camera! Thus, if you ever see some crazy guy on your trail cams in camouflage doing a weird dance, think twice, as that WEIRD may actually be his NORMAL!

My buddy and his son went up into 23N on Thursday to bear hunt. I joined them Friday night and we checked the cams. On stand one, Saturday morning, I called in a dark, dark brown colored bear. We were on one ridge of a small bowl and he was on the other. Only about 200 yards separated us, but he was into the oaks between us before my buddy's son could get off a shot. The bear was spotted at 19 minutes into the call. After 45 minutes, father and son went into the thickets looking for him, but the bear must have picked up something in the air, as it was swirling in the bowl. Stands two through four produced nothing and the fun time ended with a Powerade.

post-4429-1286724969_thumb.jpg

post-4429-1286724991_thumb.jpg

post-4429-1286725016_thumb.jpg