Ruger! no trigger problems with a sweet pull right out of the box.

I can't say I agree with that. I put a Timney trigger in my Ruger M77 due to the poor one from the factory. A world of difference. Also if you are habituated to a Rem 700 safety you will bend over your trigger when you push that Ruger safety only to half safe. Don't ask me know I know, but i sold that Ruger due to that issue. I missed out on two huge deer cuz I couldn't break myself of that. But I still stand by that Timney trigger being far better than the factory one and it made that factory rifle shoot factory ammo like a tack driver at 500yds. Factory trigger had me all over the place.

I guess I had better go throw mine away. Not.

Really not sure what the problem is here but I have used mine (700 ADL) since 1973 and have yet to have a problem with it.

Never had a problem here. We have 9 REM700s and shoot them alot, and never have had a problem. The REM700 is the only factory action I will ever own.

Why doe's the military use them? And why is every custom based off of them? They are the best action design that there is.

My thoughts as well ;)

I have aftermarket triggers on my 700's though and Sako extractors. I think once that's done they can't be beat! JIM>

I had that happen to me in 2003 Jim Mullins was there and saw it It scared the $$$$ out of me but now I have a timney on mine.

Johnny, I think of that to this day man! At least I learned how to make a bandaid out of a peice of an elk tag! ;)

Why doe's the military use them? And why is every custom based off of them? They are the best action design that there is.

The first thing a custom maker does is change the trigger. The problem is with the trigger, not the Remington 700 as a whole. The designer of the trigger even admitted that there was a problem but Remmy did not want to spend the money to change the design. Not sure how anyone could deny the fact that there might be a problem with the trigger.