Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Best cheap binos

I was camp at this week and was looking at some deer like 1000-1200 yards away through a cheap spotting scope and thought I would like to look through binos better. Binos seem to be easier on my eyes. I got a good pair of 12x50 leupolds that I carry but dont want to spend alot on a big pair. Just something to mess around with at camp or by the side of the road. Not something to hike back in with. I seen some Barska's, Celestrons, in 20x70mm, 30x80mm. Price range would be around up to about $250. I am not set on any one brand. Any suggestions, experiance? Thanks in advance!

Get two bottles of Coca~Cola. Enjoy the soda and duct tape the two bottles together. At least you will have enjoyed the soda and not wasted $250. :blink:

Get two bottles of Coca~Cola. Enjoy the soda and duct tape the two bottles together. At least you will have enjoyed the soda and not wasted $250. :blink:

Classic. Very well said.

At the price of Swaro spotters now, one might consider these instead.

Link: Kowa Highlanders

Scott Adams has the 30x Minox, and they are nice also.

With 20-30x binos, you would be looking for detail at long range. I have not seen that through the cheaper Pentax and Cabelas 20x I have looked through.

A spotting scope (with a fixed 30x eyepiece preferably) and wearing an eye patch on the off-eye would be your best bet to keep you in budget and afford somewhat useable magnification.

I think nikon has some around that price range and I really like their stuiff.

At the price of Swaro spotters now, one might consider these instead.

Kowa Highlanders

Scott Adams has the 30x Minox, and they are nice also.

With 20-30x binos, you would be looking for detail at long range. I have not seen that through the cheaper Pentax and Cabelas 20x I have looked through.

A spotting scope (with a fixed 30x eyepiece preferably) and wearing an eye patch on the off-eye would be your best bet to keep you in budget and afford somewhat useable magnification.

Kowa "Highlander are they any good

If it is not too hot out and the heat waves are not bad, the Cabelas 20x80s are decent. they weigh about 5 pounds. on a nice day you can see pretty good through them, like any glass you, get what you pay for!!! If you keep an eye out on Ebay or in the Cabelas bargain barn you could probably find a pair for that price. I think they are about 500 new. Good luck...

minox are a great glass and camera land has good pricing for 15x 56

Kowa Highlander for $5000.00 :blink: ?? For that price I could.......well... do alot. Hunting is a hobby of mine, not a means of survival. I could never justify spending that much money on optics or even a rifle or alot of other things. Like I said, I just was wondering who knew of any that were maybe underrated for great prices. I'll keep looking around and keep checking here. Thanks for the responses so far.

Kowa Highlander for $5000.00 :blink: ?? For that price I could.......well... do alot.

Considering how much some spend on an ATV, SXS, Toyhauler, bassboats and diesel crewcabs to pull em, $5k should be doable.

You and I are probably not in that income group though.

Kowa Highlander for $5000.00 :blink: ?? For that price I could.......well... do alot.

Considering how much some spend on an ATV, SXS, Toyhauler, bassboats and diesel crewcabs to pull em, $5k should be doable.

You and I are probably not in that income group though.

Yes, I would agree to that! Or at least I am less reluctant to get in that much debt(how most toys are afforded) after seeing how easily jobs are lost in a bad economy. I would buy some of those items listed above in your post but they would serve for more than hunting, so alittle more justified, at least in the wife's eyes :P ! Were as the binoculars would be used primarily for hunting 98 percent of the time. I still may try and get my hands on a cheap pair and see how they look but nothing that will kill me if they suck.

Found a good deal on Vortex Fury binoculars 12.5x50 for 200$. I am very pleased with them and the clarity they have. Eagle optics is where I picke them up from for 50% off.

You can get 20x pentax for that much. I have used mine for years and have done just fine. I also have 12x celstron that I carry that I am very pleased with. Like you, I just can't bring myself to fork out the big bucks for binoculars.