Sign in to follow this  
RED07

my wifes first

Opening day of coues, my wifes first deer hunt ever, U FN BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPN SON OF A BLEEP!, is all I heard while draging my wife to the top of a vantage point to glass, we're almost there I promised her, as we had a about 80 more yards to go. Mumbeling behind me as we were cutting through the catclaw, prickely pear, cholla, and ocatillos, I couldn't help but smile. We finally got to our destination. While im setting up my tripod and getting comfortable for the hours behind the glass, shes getting the i-pod and the cellphone out to make contact with the world. An hour goes by and she asks, "so, wheres the deer? " and I had to laugh. Then another 30 mins " I'm bored" " what have I got myself into?", I was glad my daughter had half day at school today and we couldnt start until 2, that left us only a couple more hours to go, then her misury would be over. It was a quarter to four when I heard someones cell phone starting to die, and I knew our time was shot. We decided to pack up and make our way down to the truck. on our way down we stoped in the saddle and i pulled up my binos and took a quick look, while we were pulling out the stickers. I glassed up a spike on the other side of the ridge, I told her its now or I assume never. so I got out my tripod and had her rest the gun on it. She says "where is it" as she is looking though the scope at a totally different area. I got her lined up, and she eased the safty off and eased the trigger, BOOM! 243 slams the the deer and he down (235yrds). the glow in her eyes, and the grin from ear to ear she was one with nature. We got all our stuff together and went down the canyon and walked up the other side, it was weird, behind me there was no mumbeling or cursing just happiness she smiled the hole way to the deer without a complaint. her first deer, her first hunt was coming to a close. That mountain we climbed was behind her, her first accomplisment, her patience her second, and the meat she provided for the family the third, SHE'S HOOKED. I knew she would be. it was just a rough start.

post-4070-1289442327_thumb.jpg SARCASTIC SMILE

post-4070-1289442359_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1289442131_thumb.jpg

Way to go! I think spikes are awesome!! Enjoy the tasty cuts.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a story that probably all married and hunting couples can relate too!! That was great! Been there, done that! :lol: :lol: Congrats on the success! ... and Cheers to many more! ;)