Sign in to follow this  
lfootmatt

Youth hunt: Tough past three days in 33

Is anyone seeing any movement???

We saw little movement in spite of being in an area where we have very consistently seen good bucks in. Friday we saw a few does no bucks. 2 boys and their dad did take a forky a couple of hills back of us.

With the wind and huge bright moon we sawabsolutely nothing the past two days.

Should I move on to another spot or stay in there??? Need to get the boys a couple of bucks! Middle boy's (10) hunt ends Thursday.

I'm signing my late November 33 tag over to my oldest (13) since I failed to get him a shot during his October hunt.

Our buddy Dave (forgot his CWT screen name) did find this :blink: The mass is ridiculus!!! 12" ruler for scale.post-716-1290385967_thumb.jpg

post-716-1290385999_thumb.jpg

post-716-1290386073_thumb.jpg

I was down there getting ready for my hunt friday. Glass the wind protected sides a lot. I glassed up almost all the deer I saw on the east facing hills out of the wind. The wind has been strong for a few days.

Deer are not moving much in the am or pm. We have been glassing up most of the bucks and does between 10am and 3pm... Also ditto on the wind protected hill sides.

I've consistently glassed 3 nice bucks in this area since the early October youth hunt. Just seemed to loose them since the current youth hunt started. We las saw 2 of the three the weekend before the current youth hunt started, so I don't think they got taken.

The spot I think they flee to when spooked is also out of the wind and in an un-glassable position. Small protected area that you can't get above or really look up into. MY theory is that they were bedded in there. No real flats close to these guys so I don't think they would have moved that far. I think they are still in there.

Thanks for the advice! I'll be back in there Tuesday with my 10 year old.

Thanks,

Matt