Sign in to follow this  
devilincatcountry

Reyes's first

My friend Adrian and his son Reyes were drawn for the any antlered Jr. deer hunt. Friday morning, they were glassing the flats in hopes of spotting a muley buck. We glassed all day and found nothing but flat heads. Saturday, they glassed several locations with no luck. Sunday morning I got a text from Adrian, it read, "Boooyaahhh! Good Morning 7:00 am Buck!!!!" When I arrived to help, the smile on Reyes's face told the entire story. They had been sitting on a ridge line glassing for about 15 minutes, when Adrian moved to pan a diifferent location he noticed a white rump below 20 yards away. The buck was feeding below them and didn't know they were there. Adrain whispered to Reyes, "Get your rifle slowly." The buck kept feeding away; Reyes raised his rifle and took a whopping 75 yard shot. I couldn't tell who was more excited. The grand finale came when we got to the top of the hill; I asked Reyes if I could take a picture of him and his trophy on my jeep with the cwt.com sticker in the background and post it to the forum. His eyes lit up! Here it is Reyes!!! Congratulations, we're so proud of you!post-3949-1290483854_thumb.jpgpost-3949-1290483915_thumb.jpgpost-3949-1290484411_thumb.jpg

post-3949-1290484516_thumb.jpg