Sign in to follow this  
bow.hunter8971

omen

just started shooting pse omen and was just wondering what kind of success people had with either a fixed or mechanical broadhead i'm going to try 100 grn. ramcats

more speed out of omen though

It dosent matter though its about how you tune your bow and make your arrows. i know twoguys who shoot an omen and one shoots mechanicals and one fixed. they are both sighted in to 90 with them and both shot mulies this year with no problem. So it comes down to how your set up and wat you want to do

i know about tuning i was just wondering if the were opening before they hit there target but thanks for info.swhacker huh the old sonoran broadhead thanks

It doesnt matter so much what other people can shoot off their set ups. Everyone shoots a little different. You just need to shoot your bow with a few different heads and arrows and see what works for you. I typically hunt with fixed broadheads but I have tested a few different mechanicals with my x force. They all shot fine except for the rage 2 blade. I shot them out to 50 yards and a few of them would plane off. I personally would not recommend them if you shoot at the longer ranges. As far as the opening in flight question I've never had it happen to me. But again just grab a few and shoot them.

I have the 2008 pse frestorm x i shoot the g-5 montec fixed blade 100grain and have kill shots everytime at 70 yards never had luck with fixed blades flying that well but these ones do

I shoot an X-Force, 330 fps, and I would highly recommend shuttle t's, toughest broadhead on the market imo, and they fly like darts.

The Grizz Tricks 100 grn fly great out of my Monster at 330fps....I was a little skeptical about shooting a 4 blade fixed head but man was i supprised, and i dont think there is a sharper broad head out there!

My wife and I and my Brother in law shoot the G5 montecs. They are awesome. We have shot three bulls with them and all three have died in thirty yards or less!!! They flew great out of my omen at 343 ft per second. Just cranked it up a little though will have to see about 353 ft a second but I think they should work.

I shoot an xforce as well, and my bow is tuned well enough to shoot most broad heads very well, Right now I'm shootin carbon express f-15s, shot a deer on the 26th at 60rds threw both lungs. I'm sits into 90yrds aswell. Just shoot a few and see what you like, but go fixed pleaseeee!!

shot javelina yesterday 25yrds. with 100 grn. magnus buzz cut stinger 4 blade out of my omen 70 lbs. and pretty impressed with broadhead but it was close yardage.