Chimichanga

Late unit 27 Bull

Great job. 27 is a good unit, but not for lazy people. Very, very steep as you know. Sneaking up over a bluff and all.

Hope I get a tag there this year!!!

It sure is funny to see the only picture near the road is with the elks antlers only. I have heard from a lot of people that you didn't take all of the meat out of the field. I sure hope someone who has spread those rumors will give good evidence to the AZGFD. There are rewards that are offered for violations and yes I know 27 is rough country, so it is a big possibility that they didn't bring all the meat out and then again there is a possibility they did. I sure hope they did everything legal. Hate to hear bad things about people, but I have heard a lot about this bull. Anybody else hear what I have heard? Do you have any pics of the meat that you took out of the field to stop the rumors?

It sure is funny to see the only picture near the road is with the elks antlers only. I have heard from a lot of people that you didn't take all of the meat out of the field. I sure hope someone who has spread those rumors will give good evidence to the AZGFD. There are rewards that are offered for violations and yes I know 27 is rough country, so it is a big possibility that they didn't bring all the meat out and then again there is a possibility they did. I sure hope they did everything legal. Hate to hear bad things about people, but I have heard a lot about this bull. Anybody else hear what I have heard? Do you have any pics of the meat that you took out of the field to stop the rumors?

Monstercoues- I don't know how you hunt but I happen to like to get off the road and get away from everyone putting miles on their truck tires. I also heard this rumor and it is completely false, so I don't appreciate your comment. I killed this bull a few miles away from any road and my dad, my brother-in-law, my best friend, and I worked our butts off to pack the elk, meat included, out. Why would I have pictures of the quartered out meat anyways? Packing out a bull is hard work and with the weather as warm as it was my main concern was getting the meat quartered up and hung in the shade to prevent it from spoiling. Why would I not take the meat anyways, elk meat is really good and my whole family happens to like it. It was late by the time we finsihed dressing the elk so I hung all the meat in a tree and only packed out the antlers that day (this fact might have caused you and whoever else some confusion). My whole hunting party and I went out bright and early the next morning to finish packing out All the meat. If you still want some evidence you can go look at my freezer with all the meat packaged in it. I don't feel a need to post pictures of the packaged meat to prove to you that I harvested this animal 100% legal. I have only put one post on this forum and for you to harass me like this is an insult. I enjoy following this website just like you and everyone else on here so don't get me involved with these false accusations.

Maybe I should have called you to help me pack out my bull because I am not physically able to drag a full grown bull elk out of the bottom of a canyon. Of course the picture with the antlers is by the road, we caped the head out ourselves and packed it out. Do you honestly think that I would have a picture with the antlers still attached to the body after packing out everything? If you do then you are extremely incompetent. I don't know who you are Monstercoues but until you have some actual evidence of me not taking the meat,(which you won't find cuz I took all of it) I would appreciate it if you would not comment on my post.

I waited 11 years for this tag so how about you let me enjoy my first bull and stop trying to taint my happiness. I put my pants on in the morning just like you and I happen to respect all wildlife I harvest. If you would like to discuss this issue with me how about you pm me and I will clear up your misunderstanding.

Sincerely,

Armand J. Morales

O ya, the bull officially scored 393 6/8 gross

Monstercoues think before you post!

• Like 1

WOW, I have been on this site since the day it was created and It never seems to amaze me about how people over react to things. In case you didn't read in my original post I never said you didn't do anything illegal. I simply heard from a lot of people that all the meat was not brought out of the field. I have packed lots of elk out of nasty canyons and it is more than a lot of work. I don't need to hear comments like think before you post or that I don't have any class. I also don't need to PM anybody, if you can't say anything to everyone than don't say it at all. I like how defensive you got in your post back toward me and yes people do take pictures of their meat when they have got it all packed out, believe it or not. I am happy that you killed a nice bull and I am surprised it took you that long to draw a late tag. I also like you your elk got bigger, usually they shrink after the drying period. Yours must be the exception to that rule!

WOW, I have been on this site since the day it was created and It never seems to amaze me about how people over react to things. In case you didn't read in my original post I never said you didn't do anything illegal. I simply heard from a lot of people that all the meat was not brought out of the field. I have packed lots of elk out of nasty canyons and it is more than a lot of work. I don't need to hear comments like think before you post or that I don't have any class. I also don't need to PM anybody, if you can't say anything to everyone than don't say it at all. I like how defensive you got in your post back toward me and yes people do take pictures of their meat when they have got it all packed out, believe it or not. I am happy that you killed a nice bull and I am surprised it took you that long to draw a late tag. I also like you your elk got bigger, usually they shrink after the drying period. Yours must be the exception to that rule!

FYI the green score I posted with the original post was done by a B&C official measurer the night I harvested it. He told me the score wasn't going to be very precise since it was done at night and it only took a mere 10 minutes. I later took it to another scorer to get it officially done and the score 393 6/8 is what he came up with.

The reason I told you to PM me is because I don't want this forum to end up in a big argument like many others I have seen. Looking back at all your older posts you seem to be seated on the right hand side of the AZGFD so I don't blame you for questioning whether I packed out all the meat.

mc, from one hunter to another, you really are wrong here. Period. You cannot have any trustworthyness here by even bringing up a rumor that has no backing. If you have your ideas and NO validation for it, then keep it to yourself. Even if the rumor was true, which I am not saying it is, if you have no way to back it up then shut it up.

How would you like it if the roles were reversed. Let's say that some one suggested on this site, a public forum which is a rare find to have one so well balanced and calm and respectable accused you of shooting a 130" coues buck the evening before the opener? Put yourself is his shoes.

In all honesty, you have only propagated a rumor. Even if there was a violation, unless you saw a violation first hand or had any proof, you should give him the benefit of the doubt. It is a gestopo mentality to hang them before they are convicted or even propagate any rumors for that matter. If you have any validity to your accusation, then take it up with AZGFD not propagate it here.

I hope you will do the right thing and publicly appologize to Chimichanga.

I have no dog in this fight, but I do have alot of respect for everybody here including you and hope that you as well as everybody else will repect every body else here. This is a great site and it would be ashame to chase off new members with crap like this. We need all the members we can get and need to stick together unless it is proven that someone is a game law violator. Key word here 'proven'. You know, I also thought it was strange that it took 11 years to draw an 8 or 9 bonus point tag. You can still give him the benefit of the doubt. Why? Because I did the same thing. It took me 8 years to draw a 6 bonus point tag because I could not afford to apply for 2 years yet I still 'say' that it took me 8 years to draw. I still had to wait 8 years. Just a thought.

Just my point of view. Take it or leave it.

Regards,

I thought I had read this post but glad I opened it and welcome to the site. Congratulations on a bull most of us will never come close to matching. I know first hand how hard it is to pack out an elk and I have had to go back in the next day to retrieve my meat several times. There's no doubt in my mind how hard you and everyone else worked after seeing the size of that body. Thanks for sharing and done't let the negative reply, in anyway, keep you from enjoying this great site. We have alot of good caring people on cwt and I look forward of you sharing many more hunting stories and pictures. :)

TJ

ps....about the comment of you holding your trophy along the road without the meat. I would guess there are hundreds of pictures on cwt of the very same and the comment holds no merit.

308- my first choice since I started putting in was always the early trophy hunts. Last year I knew i would have more time to hunt so I put the late hunt as my second choice. Low and behold I got drawn for my second choice.

Monstercoues, I still hold to my original view of your post. You've showed poor form and no class.