Super job with a ML. Tell us the story....

Awesome, congrats!

Thanks everyone for the congrats. Sorry it took so long to respond back. Right after my hunt I left to scout for sheep for our desertsheep hunter,that starts in Dec. This past FRi- Sun I was in Mexico scouting our ranch for Jan coues hunters.

The buck I shot was taken at a distance of 238 yards, thats right 238 yards with my knight muzzle loader. After finding out I drew this tag I put a lot of time in finding the right load & spending lots of time shooting. I knew from alot of past hunts that it wasnt going to be easy with a muzzleloader,most of you know how hard it is to get close with a rifle. I found a buck at 8.30 already beaded. I was watching him when my buck got up & joined the buck that I had found first. There happened to three bucks in all with mine being the best. I stalked in to get as close as I could. The bucks got up and started to travel. I had the buck at 155 yards but the my muzzle loader miss fired. It took me another couple hours to stalk back to 92 yards. Then only to have a coyote blow them out in to a little canyon where I took off running to catch up as they came up the other side. Hit them with my range finder and took the shot. Had a great time with my hunting partner who has taught me alot about coues and glasssing. It helps that he has been hunting coues for about 20 years longer than I have.

Sorrry the story so short but I have to get packed, have to leave for the kaibab tomorrow to guide a mule deer hunter this weeekend. Hope all you coues hunter get a chance at a buck of your dreams.

Desertsheep