Sign in to follow this  
thegunsmith2506

Finally got one!

We have been watching a herd of pigs since mid summer in this drainage. All the snow made it tough to hunt opening weekend, and the wind was pretty nasty too. The wife and I finally made it out about 2pm to check the cams and do a little hunting. We still hunted into the wind for about a mile when I spotted a lone pig feeding 200yds in front of us. We stalked to 54yds, and found 6 more pigs in the brush. The plan was for my wife to shoot first, but that didn't work out. When we got to 24yds this big sow busted me moving and started to circle down wind. I as afraid she was gonna bust out of there and take the rest of the herd with her. At 22yds she cleared enough brush so that I could shoot. I told my wife to take the shot, but she wasn't tall enough to shoot over the brush. I hit a limb and ended up hitting her too far back. The first shot broke both back legs and she dropped on the spot. After a finishing shot, we took off after the others. It was my wifes first bow hunt, and she emptied her quiver trying to hit these lil targets. She got really close a few times, but just couldn't pull it off. We still had a blast! I think she is hooked on bow hunting.

pig2.jpg

pig3.jpg

pig1.jpg

Congratulations on your pig now go get your wife back out there and make this her first pig. Good luck to your wife. My very first encounter with pigs ended with no arrows left and a long ride home. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing. Nice looking pig. :)

TJ