Sign in to follow this  
azdesert rat

thumped one

couldnt help my self when i seen 3 mulie bucks and five does scaterd over a hill side paired up, i put about a 300 yrd stalk in and started playin ring around the bushes with him his doe and her 2 fawn, when it finaly happend i was stoped planin my next moove after 1 of the fawns busted me when out at 70yrds i watched the 2 fawns run thrue a 5yrd gap in brush so when the doe steped out i drew knowing the buck should b next and she busted me and just stoped and stared, the buck then came out and started nudging her in the but 2 move her along and i thumped him, i hit a little far back and just single lunged him but the blood was dark so i gave it 20 min befor i even mooved i folowed blood for maby 5yrds just see'n what kinda blood i had and i busted him outa bed so i let him walk a little ways, backed out and found him daybreak the next mornin maby 120yrds from where he was hit (i fliped and floped all night only slept 4hrs) gota love those rage 2blades, old buck though with lots of old scars and a few new wounds from fightin

post-3972-1294622872_thumb.jpg

any gestements on what he'd score?

post-3972-1294622948.jpg

sorry for the lack of field photos but my camera craped out on me that mornin

Congratulations on your buck. I wish I had something like that walk my way. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

yea hes my first with a bow, ive missed em, kliped em and passed up alota small 1's so i didnt burn up my rifle hunt, but im getting him mounted cals hes the first archery buck, hes a respectible deer and hes reel old, hes grey faced and got all sorts of scars all over,just alota charecter so i figured he'd look pretty good up on the wall