Sign in to follow this  
Don Martin

Antelope Eaters XXII, register now!

Fellow Coyoteros & sportsmen:

The Mohave Sportsman Club is pleased to announce that we have set the dates for Antelope Eaters XXII, northern Arizona's largest coyote suppression hunt.

The hunt will be on March 5-6 2011 and is once again headquartered out of the Black Cat in Seligman.

This is a two or three person team event, and this year for the first time, applications can be down loaded off the web simply by going to www.mohavesportsmanclub.com/AntelopeEaters.html

On the application is a list of places to stay and eat. Today I found out that the Copper Kettle restaurant will also be open in addition to the ones listed on the brochure.

We are also going to do another huge raffle and our goal is to have over 100 prizes again this year. Once again the MSC will be donating the first prize, a Savage Model 16FSS in your choice of standard caliber.

While we have a number of other prizes promised, we are hoping to get donated any kind of outdoor merchandise from calls, DVDs, camo, you name it! So if you can help help in this manner just let me or Bob Shaw (928-530-4630) know.

Please come and join us again and let's help antelope fawns and other prey species from predation from coyotes in northern AZ.

Hope to see you there!

Don Martin

Govt Liaison

Mohave Sportsman Club

928-681-4867

awoguide@ctaz.com

post-3669-1295062495_thumb.jpg

Hey Don,

What's up with the rate hikes for all the hotels? That's going to hurt for teams that usually stay there. Do they really think they are going to get $60 to $75 a night for those crap holes??

Just wondering if the MSC has done anything to try to secure more reasonable rates.

Supply & demand? The rates are cheaper on different weekends & throughout the year. The cost of going hunting just keeps on CLIMBING...

I figured Don wouldn't have an answer here. I called all the hotels and they all insist the rates are the same as last year. They are flat out lying. I still have the receipt from last year at Canyon Lodge and it was $15 cheaper a night. They are obviously all in cahoots with each other trying to jam it to the hunters that weekend. Oh well. They will get away with it because most people won't give a crap and they will just pay it.

I will probably take my toyhauler up as well. I have a few different buddies going that will pitch in for diesel fuel and just camp/stay with me. If not, there is always tent camping which is just as fun as far as I am concerned.

Good luck to all that are going.

Well I sent my registration in! This is the first time that I have ever hunted one of these and am pretty excited. I am going to be hunting it with my dad and we will probably just stay in his camper.

After seeing Coosefans cool photos of coyotes dragging down a buck I am looking forward to putting a hurt on some more dogs.

Hope to meet some more members out there.

Well I sent my registration in! This is the first time that I have ever hunted one of these and am pretty excited. I am going to be hunting it with my dad and we will probably just stay in his camper.

After seeing Coosefans cool photos of coyotes dragging down a buck I am looking forward to putting a hurt on some more dogs.

Blake and others:

As to the room rates comments. First of all Blake you might have called or e-mailed if you had issues and I'd would have been happy to explain everything to you.

One of our members, Jim Jett goes up there every year before we get things started and talks to the hotel/motel owners in Seligman and gets a price that is locked in for the brochure. When Jim was given the prices this year, which by the way, we have no input on, he advised one owner that their price was a big jump from last year and she insisted that was what she was charging, take it or leave it!

By the way, there is one location up there that is definitely anti hunting according to Mr. Jett and you won't see their name on our brochure. But they are full every year.

I have spoken with Cindy Seff and advised her of the situation. I have all the room rates from 2010 for comparison, some are higher, one is not for sure higher than last year and a couple are just a few dollars different. One thing I would like to know is if anyone gets charged MORE than is listed on the brochure.

Are some of us happy about this? No we are not, but give us another place we can hold this event that has motels/hotels in the middle of the country we want hunters to hunt in and we'll sure listen to you.

However, the Black Cat and most of the hotels/motels and eateries in town have been good to us and the sportsmen we bring to the hunt.

We are planning to speak to the Chamber of Commerce before next year's hunt to make sure everyone is one the same page and understand our concerns. FYI I have been bringing up my trailer for about 5 years now and stay in the woods, but that's just me and my partner's decision.

If anyone has a question, please feel free to call me (928-681-4867) or e-mail me at awoguide@ctaz.com and I'll be glad to tell you what I know.

Hope you all decide to come and help out with this predator suppression effort. You all know the prey species (elk, antelope, deer, javelina, turkey) need all the help they can get. Especially this time of the year.

Good luck and good hunting!

Don Martin

Hunt Chairman

Govt Liaison

Mohave Sportsman Club

Blake and others:

As to the room rates comments. First of all Blake you might have called or e-mailed if you had issues and I'd would have been happy to explain everything to you.

One of our members, Jim Jett goes up there every year before we get things started and talks to the hotel/motel owners in Seligman and gets a price that is locked in for the brochure. When Jim was given the prices this year, which by the way, we have no input on, he advised one owner that their price was a big jump from last year and she insisted that was what she was charging, take it or leave it!

By the way, there is one location up there that is definitely anti hunting according to Mr. Jett and you won't see their name on our brochure. But they are full every year.

I have spoken with Cindy Seff and advised her of the situation. I have all the room rates from 2010 for comparison, some are higher, one is not for sure higher than last year and a couple are just a few dollars different. One thing I would like to know is if anyone gets charged MORE than is listed on the brochure.

Are some of us happy about this? No we are not, but give us another place we can hold this event that has motels/hotels in the middle of the country we want hunters to hunt in and we'll sure listen to you.

However, the Black Cat and most of the hotels/motels and eateries in town have been good to us and the sportsmen we bring to the hunt.

We are planning to speak to the Chamber of Commerce before next year's hunt to make sure everyone is one the same page and understand our concerns. FYI I have been bringing up my trailer for about 5 years now and stay in the woods, but that's just me and my partner's decision.

If anyone has a question, please feel free to call me (928-681-4867) or e-mail me at awoguide@ctaz.com and I'll be glad to tell you what I know.

Hope you all decide to come and help out with this predator suppression effort. You all know the prey species (elk, antelope, deer, javelina, turkey) need all the help they can get. Especially this time of the year.

Don Martin

Hunt Chairman

Govt Liaison

Mohave Sportsman Club

Hey, I got a call from the Stagecoach 66 motel in Seligman. The owner says she has a number of very clean, rooms with two beds, for $55 a night. If you still need a room, try there.

Don Martin

Blake and others:

Don Martin

Hunt Chairman

Govt Liaison

Mohave Sportsman Club

Hey, I got a call from the Stagecoach 66 motel in Seligman. The owner says she has a number of very clean, rooms with two beds, for $55 a night. If you still need a room, try there.

Don Martin

Fellow hunters:

I just returned from Phx with a truck load full of "hunter incentives"---formally known as raffle prizes! And when i got home I had three huge boxes of items from my friend AP Jones who has donated a ton of neat stuff for this event including class, dvd's, ghille suits, you name it we got it. I've got confirmation of a donation from my friend who owns numerous large motels including the Marriot residence Inn in Surprise, who is donating 10 of his get-aways to our hunt. These have a retail value of over $500 each, and wow are they ever nice! I won one last year and my sweetie and I went down and stayed there while I was attending some meetings and even if you live int he metro area, what a neat get away this would be for you and your wife....Just got confirmation that the Arizona Bowhunters Association is getting us a new PSE bow, plus I know the Arizona Antelope Foundation is donating a bunch of their items plus a membership or two. This will be not doubt the largest amount of prizes and the highest value of items we have ever had at one of our Antelope Eaters hunts. Still time to enter, download the application and get it in to us by March 4th and we'll be doing last minute in-person registrations at the Black Cat Bar in Seligman from 4-10 p.m. on Friday the 4th. Those last minute registrations can only be done with cash, no checks, credit cards, etc.

Hope you all can make it, gonna be at great time for all! I'll be putting out a list of all the prizes we have in the next few days on the MSC website, www.mohavesportsmanclub.com

Don Martin

Hunt Chairman

Antelope Eaters XXII