Sign in to follow this  
azhunter85

Britt has done it again!!

Brittany has done it again to me, she is stacking the tags up and knocking them down one at a time! she decided after her elk hunt to try archery hunting so i got her hooked up with a diamond razor edge bow and the practice began for her. tell ya the truth she took to archery pretty dang well!!!! with an archery pig tag in her pocket between me and my dad we decided she was up to bat first! opening day we sat in the truck trying not to freeze, but on the second day it was on. britt filmed me sneaking on a muley buck that i shot and after watching the footage my respect for muleys has greatly improved. this buck was bedded with one doe in the snow. i crept to 30 yards of him without being detected, after 30 minutes he raised up from his bed and began to feed on a bush he was laying next to. he never even glanced my way, i took a shot at 30 yarrds with my 08 hoyt katera and that buck (in slow motion on the video) jumps my string 8 inches!!! i hit no mans land but did not give up till i found him chasing does! crazy! anyways while trailing the buck i spotted the herd of pigs we been looking for and got to film britt harvesting her first pig with a bow. at ten yards shee shot her pig and he went about five more yards turned around and she stuck him again right through the heart!! now that we are getting into filming hunts its amazing to get times like this on film, next on her list is a tom for she drew her first spring turkey tag this year! wish her luck. the next weekend me and a boddy from work ended up wacking a couple more pigs pulling a double by nine in the am, and i know mine is a lil one so dont make fun of me but at the time before i shot they were all grouped up and there were little red ones running around so i figured this one was too small to have lil ones so i took it. ended up being a young boar. pops never did harvest, fighting being sick he missed some days but still got some action. next on our list is tenneessee spring turkey hunt in april!!! enjoy!

pig2010006.jpg

pig2010013.jpg

pig2010016.jpg

Sounds like everyone is having a good time and very successful as well. Congratulations to Brittant on her pig and for taking up arhery. You guys deserve a big congratulations also on your pigs and for helping out Brittany. Thanks for sharing. :)

TJ