Sign in to follow this  
creed_az_88

Cochise county hunts

i was jus wondering how all you cochise county hunters did. Cochise county is my running grounds so thats why im asking. I took an 86-inch buck(89 gross)in unit 30A . It was only the second day of hunt but i thought it was bigger How did all you chiracahua hunters do with that fire.

creed

We did well, also in 30A. I killed one (green score) around 109 gross. My dad killed one in the mid 80's and my cousin's was around 74. All three points. I hope to get pictures entered on this site soon.

Craig.

Saw one small buck for about 15 seconds in the dragoon area of 30b.

Still waiting on the Dec archery hunt. Going to be out with a friends daughter for the jr hunt this weekend. Been some nice bucks come out of here this year. Both 32 and 33. The taxidermist has a bunch of nice ones. I cant wait until the Dec season. Then again in January.

Shane

I heard of a 115" buck a guy from NV harvested in 32. He had some guys from Benson helping him. CB

My brother in law was visting from Virginia and my dad took him for a drive in 30B. I stayed home and watched the Duel in the Desert. Yea DEVILS!!! Anyway they get home that evening and my dad tells me he saw the biggest Coues buck ever while they were out driving. Here I thought there wasn't any deer left in 30B. CB

post-216-1133211820.jpgCreed,

I spent 9 days down there kicking every rock in the southern part of 30A and even though I didn't tag one I had a great time. I was holding out for one of two bucks that I kept seeing in Aug./Sept. with no luck. I spoted them twice but at great distances and couldn't put a stock together. There was a lot of hunters in there but I didn't see a whole lot of success, one decent 3x3, a 2x3, and a spike. I did find a lion killed buck that would have made a decent trophy, it wasn't very old and all that was left was the skull and front shoulders, the GW said that alot of lion killed deer were being reported. I will be back down there with my bow in Late Dec. early Jan. I looked for you to stop by but I wasn't in camp to much.

Phil

Sundevil,

I got to hold that one. 114 7/8 SCI ( green score that afternoon). Nice main frame and lots of little kickers. Most of which I think would be scored typical as had matching on the other side. Was quite a deer. Still looking for his big brother. LOL..

Shane