Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

Daisy Red Rider Predecessor

Wow very informative and very cool indeed Tony! Thanks for posting it, this is a must know/must see video. I will show this video to my kids too. Thanks again.

Ernesto C

That was a great piece Tony and one I will definitely share with my family members. This is a must read and most interesting I've read. Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm going to research this a little more so I fully understand this rifle. You're one of the best assets we have on this site and thank you for are the information you have shared over thr years. Keep them coming Tony. :)

TJ

I published an article in Safari magazine years ago from an SCI member who lived on one of the Pacific islands. I don't remember which island it was now, but it may have been Fiji or Java. At any rate, possession of any firearm was banned there. The article told about how the author and his friends hunted 400-pound sambar, 150-pound rusa deer and 1,200-pound banteng (a wild oxen) with powerful air rifles that they'd built themselves.

Bill Quimby

Very cool Tony. I read Louis and Clark's journals and the referred many times to their "air rifle" they would bring out to demonstrate to the communities they encountered. I wondered what it was, and now I know! Thanks for sharing this.

I can't take credit for finding it since I received the link via e-mail from a friend in Maryland.

Ironically, I recently had signed up for a Netflix account, and the day before I got the link, I had watched a streaming National Geographic documentary on Netflix about Lewis & Clark's journey. It was an excellent show with great scenic views.

As a result of watching it, I quickly picked up on an erroneous statement in the air gun video when the narrator mentioned that the headwaters of the Potomac River were in the Cascade Mts. The correct reference should have been the Columbia River since the Potomac is on the east coast. :blink: