soazarcher

Anyone shooting/loading the 6.5 284?

Berger VLD's specifically.

What kind of velocities are you achieving?

Any pet powders?

Any cousers out there shooting this caliber?

i load for two, my brother has three, my son in law has one. i shot a coues with 120 balistic tip. 49.5 h-4350. i did not get good accuracy with the 140 berger. the 123 and 139 scenar have been excellent. i have used mrp-2, mrp, h-4350. h-4831sc did not get good accuracy. what rifle? what scope?? we shoot in the various F-class matches in the valley.( desertsharshooters.com.) perfect warm up for coues . you get to shot more than one round per year.

I'm in the process of having a rifle built by Wasatch Precision, still a little ways out, but I'm in the "heavy researching" phase

Are you hunting with the Scenars? How have your results been?

The bergers would be a new bullet to me, I'm trying to narrow things down before the rifle arrives, so I don't have to test a billion combos. Want to get it down to just a million or so...

Thanks for your help guys.

The bullets I would look at would be the 140 Amax, and the 140 Bergers. You can get the rifle throated for them.

barrel? twist ? length? action? there is a guy on 24hourcampfire (scenar shooter) that has killed a lot with the 155 scenar and the 308. big mulies big elk lots of pics of clients. i have only used the scenars on targets so far ( 1600+). killed a coues (196) and a coyote (419) with the 120 balistic tip. i use lapua brass. rcbs dies. i have 8.5 kriegers. my brother has 8 kriegers.

The 140 Berger would be the best hunting bullet going if you can get it to shoot. The Bergers can be a bit tricky to get to shoot right but if you are patient and try different seating depths as well as powders you will find a combo they like and they will like it allot.