Sign in to follow this  
hunterlee

Munds Park

Just wanted to see if anyone has fished Odell Lake up in Munds Park. My family has a cabin up there and Im planning a fishing trip and was just looking for some tips for Odell.

TC

Well it seems as if the fishing is either amazing cause no one has been there and doesn't know to post.....or the fishing is awful and people feel bad to post negative remarks...hahah.

Is that Lake the one you have to hike into just east of Munds Park?

Well its in munds park but yes it is a little east of most of the houses. Its pretty small

It's been years but we always used to catch bullheads and pike out of Odell. Might be a bit cold yet for the hook swallowing bullheads to be active!

Im about to go give it a try did you have any luck there hunterlee? Also love the profile pic great great movie....One potata two potata thre potata four hahahahaha

I've been there a couple times and haven't caught a thing :( (a few years ago or so).

But I know people who have caught fish there so they are there. It's just a little tough catching them.

Sorry I didn't see this. When I was young we used to fish Odell and catch trout n catfish, Using worms or power bait. I had a neighbor tell me he caught a few cat fish this year in Odell .

I take all my lil nephews to the pond next to morman lake lodge, use power bait, orange or green have been working and since it has been hot out I out a few small weights about 2 feet from the hook, no bobber. I toss small silver cast masters or orange roster tails when I have a chance.

Your better off shed hunting in the trails behind the lake. Our friends have a cabin on Raintree and I've fished it twice with no bites. I heard one of the locals fishes it every day almost and will occasional pull out a pike.

There was about a dozen people fishing it in the rain over the 4th weekend but I'm not sure if they had any luck.

Beautiful area

Thanks for the input guys! I went once with no such luck, just looking for a new lake to throw some lures in since Lake Mary is a dud right now. Boy could you Imagine if there was bass in that lake? Id be there throwing a frog everyday. And Norteno You will find me back there this september ;)