Sign in to follow this  
creed_az_88

Need help with a coues pose!

I am getting my January buck mounted and I'm trying to decide on a pose. I really like the way the dan king deer looks at sportsman's in tucson done by weller's. I dont want a full body done just a shoulder mount but I want the pose to be very similiar to that deer from the shoulders up. The chin seems to be sort of tucked downwards and the neck is very upright. I can not find a form similar to this in any catalogs. I have seen finished coues shoulder mounts similiar to this but i do not know what the pose is called. Does anybody know what this pose is called or any forms made that could be used?

Thanks guys.

Creed

If you like what Wellers did to the Dan King buck, talk with them about what you want (like mentioned already). They'll work with you. They might have to cutomize an already existing form but hey, it's custom! Which also might mean you pay a little more but in the end you'll be happy. Here's a buck from Wellers site that reminded me of the pose you described...

post-500-0-02261400-1302818292_thumb.jpeg

On a side note, you won't be sorry if you go with Wellers either...

Yep there are only a couple Coues forms out there. Anything other than a regular pose is gonna have to be altered like everyone else has already mentioned. If its a big enough cape sometimes you can get away with an eastern or texas but you still have to alter the heads to get the right proportions to match a Coues!

Thanks guys. The guy doing it for me is very talented and very artistic but does only as a hobby. I was just trying to help him out by looking around for a form.

Creed