Snapshot

Remington 700 CDL in .300 RUM

I have had one for 10 years and love it would not shoot anything else. 180 grain Nosler Accubond an 94 grains of H1000 and you can drive tacks with it.

I have had one for 10 years and love it would not shoot anything else. 180 grain Nosler Accubond an 94 grains of H1000 and you can drive tacks with it.

+1

Hands down a great rifle! I have been shooting one for about 8 years. I have a good load for the stock rifle that shoots great. There is about ten of us that all shoot the same load. Just Pm me and I can get the load info for you.

Pros- Shoots far, accurate, lots of knock down power.

Cons- loud, lots of recoil, expensive to buy factory rounds (not bad to reload

Thanks for the info. I have hunted with Remington rifles all my life. I am looking to possibly get a new one late this summer. Something with more "oomph" than my old 30-06. Either a .300 RUM or .300 WSM ?

There is a place up here called Shedhorn sports in Ennis,Mt. It is famous around the west as a gun store/sporting goods. Great prices and over 1300 guns in stock. They are having a big expo on August 20-21 at shedhorn, and I hope to be there with cash in hand for a good deal.