Sign in to follow this  
crazyaboutcoues

Things are starting to heat up

Went out to the Burros this last weekend. Bucks are starting to scrape and rub. seen lots of deer sign. Unfortunately the water situation is pretty bad. We need some rain or snow. Anybody been out?

Amanda i'm sending some pix to you, can you please post them on this thread?

We really do need some rain. It would be a shame to follow last years excellent rainfall with another bone dry winter.

Thanks again for posting the pix Amanda

The top pic is a rub that was made sometime last week. My tree stand is about 60 yards from the rub. There is alot of traffic on that trail right now so i set a Trail cam. I'm planning on checking the cam on the 23rd. I set another cam on a fence crossing.

The other pix are the same scrapes. We're planning on setting a tree stand for Jamaro there, this weekend. There are actually two active scraps in that saddle.

The last pic is my buddy ROCKY. He decided to follow me around while i checked the saddle for more scrapes. I figured he wanted to get his picture taken. :D

Like I said things are starting to heat up. :D

I went out to 6A twice over the last week and was able to glass up 7 different bucks, they're starting to play around and scrape these days as well. Had the bigger 3x3 chase the smaller bucks around and knocking them down. Hopefully the cold weather hits the southern units fast this year, I sure could use the rut in 35A this dec

Oh yea, fresh sign :) .

Thanks for sharing Tommy. Trail cam pics, pics of fresh sign, thanks for taking us along with you. Keep us posted :)

Shiras - It's a bow hunt in the Burro Mountains. I've been scouting different areas about three times a week since August. :)

Deerslam - i'll keep you guys posted for the rest of December and thruout the hunt. :)

Elkhunter - good luck on your 6A hunt.

I'll bet that squirrel tastes just like chicken!!!

Well, it looks that way, but only time will tell. Thanks. Have you gotten in the big buck contest that Cobre FFA is doing? I heard that with the multiplier for coues that a 100" coues will beat out the leading mule deer so far. I am going to try to enter before the 1st.

Later,

Jeff