cullenz

Rattlesnake Avoidance Training for Dogs

I am wanting to take my dog to a rattlesnake avoidance class. She is a year old and this will be her first spring and summer out with me scouting, camping, hiking, etc. I found a couple of company websites that do this training, but I would like to see if anyone has a company or someone that they would recommend. I want to get her into the best class, and any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

- Thanks

Partners on Cave Creek Road does it and I hear their pretty good.

EBB

I just happen to talk to jackshoe this morning and he was coming back from getting his pointers snake proofed. Hopefully he will see this and chime in on where he went. Not sure of the cost. I'll give him a call. I need to get my Lexie done as well. Thanks for the reminder. :)

TJ

I took my two dogs for snake training yesterday. My two year old GSP female had never been done and my Vizsla male was done when he was a year old-he'll be six this year so I gave him a refresher to see if he remembered what they were-he did. The guy I went to this time was in New River-he's on the Web at Viper Voidance-been snake proofing dogs for nine years. I thought he did a good job. Also you can't go wrong with Bill Gibbons at magma bird dog training. There is a considerably difference in price. If you want to check out the guy at Viper voidance you can look up his website or give him a call. 480-215-1776. His name is Jim.

Okay I gotta ask, "considerable price difference" as in which one is more reasonable then the other though both are very good at what they do? Thank you guys, Broken Wheels

My husband has some contact info for a guy who did a great job with our Julie. I will ask him for that info.

But also, please consider getting your dogs vaccinated against snake bites. They have shots now that you can get and it makes the trauma to the dog after a bite a LOT less (which also means less medical bills!). here is a link for more info:

http://www.redrockbiologics.com/FAQ.html