Sign in to follow this  
Buckhorn

Washington Blacktail

post-858-1134711536.jpgHere is a pictures of a blacktail that a client of mine took this season in South Puget Sound, Washington. You cannot see it in the pictures, but the old guy only has four teeth and his mouth was stained blue from evergreen huckleberries he must have been eating to stay alive. Dressed out he was something like 180 lbs.

I realized I haven?t posted a pic before so I?ll try it.

Buckhorn

Buckhorn: I grew up in Olympia chasing those things and man do you have a trophy there. Rarely did we see a knarly non-typical and I personally never shot one so man is this a great buck..............congrats to you and the client............that thing is like shooting a 115" non-typical coues..............Allen Taylor.......

That's what I call CHARACTER :)

Why in the world isn't the guy getting it mounted?

You say client, what outfit are you running?

Guest Ernesto C

Wow!!!!! look at deer with a big body.............on ho is a rock :) What a superb buck. Congratulations to the hunter. I agree with RR. that trophy s/b mounted.

Ernesto C

Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul. The second best place is........................while hunting

Sorry for the confusion but I?m not a guide or outfitter I?m an operations manager for a drilling company that services the western US and like a stripper I often call the people I work for my clients. As for why he didn?t shoulder mount his buck; I was told that he doesn?t do anything except European mounts ?period? So ?to each his own?. Cramerhunts this buck was taken with a rifle and from my understanding they take about 10 a year off this property.

Buckhorn