Sign in to follow this  
Ron G.

New Pack(s)

Not that anyone cares (except me), but I recently got a new pack system. I ordered a Mystery Ranch NICE frame and crew cab bag back in January. After doing more research and investigation, I added a Longbow bag to my order, with the intent of trying them both and keeping the one I liked best. Needless to say, since then I've easily talked myself into keeping both bags.

These pics aren't the best (taken with my cell), I'll eventually take better ones with a real camera, but here are some pics of my new pack(s)...

First the Longbow:

2011-05-18_18-42-48_335.jpg

2011-05-18_18-43-31_616.jpg

Here is a picture of the Longbow opened up...

2011-05-18_21-29-33_577.jpg

2011-05-18_18-43-00_323.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Crew Cab:

2011-05-02_19-55-48_649.jpg

2011-05-02_19-56-30_294.jpg

2011-05-02_19-56-59_466.jpg

2011-05-02_19-56-46_760.jpg

I've had the crewcab for a couple of weeks and just got the longbow bag yesterday. It takes only a couple of minutes to swap out bags on the NICE frame. So far, I'm very impressed with fit, comfort, construction, and the (potential) durability of the packs.

I'll be doing reviews of the packs after I get some time in both...

Ron

I was wondering if you had pulled the trigger on a MR. Now to get that elk or deer for the pack-out ;)

Doug~RR

Yep, when I heard they were producing some packs with optifade, I decided to go ahead and go with one of those. I didn't expect it to take so long, but they were having issues with the fabric supplier. It is worth the wait though and I'm looking forward to using the packs in my summer scouting and fall hunts. I got drawn for early archery bull, my dad got drawn for a limited opportunity any elk hunt, and a couple of friends got drawn for late season bull hunts that I'll be helping out on as well. With the potential of participating on 4 elk hunts this next fall I'll hopefully get some blood on the pack(s). :) There's a good chance I'll be either helping out on or going on my own deer hunt as well... :) Looking forward to this fall!

Thanks,

Ron

I've had my longbow (multicam) for almost a year now and love it. I expect you will be very happy with yours.

Mike

Thought some might be interested in a picture of how gear can be strapped outside of the longbow, making it effective for longer trips than one might otherwise think. Attached is a picture from an Alaska hike a couple of weeks ago.

post-4521-0-55261400-1311446190_thumb.jpg