COOSEFAN

35B Dec. Coues

Holy Cows! That is a beauty of a buck! I just wonder what makes them so big down there!

Congrats and good luck on topping that one! :)

Holy Cows!  That is a beauty of a buck! I just wonder what makes them so big down there!

Congrats and good luck on topping that one! :lol:

Thanks again for the reply's! The area surrounding the mountain ranges we hunted looks like a jungle, that is flat and extends for miles. I swear you might find monkeys swingin' around in there! I feel that the few bucks that are there get to a ripe old age living most of their lives in that mess. The oncoming rut is, I feel, the main reason we found a couple bucks outside the jungle. I only hope the rut starts to pick up, but it's not looking good with record heat down there! We never saw a buck with a doe, found a few rubs and scrapes, but still only found a few deer. The bigger bucks did have swollen necks though. Thanks, JIM

Awesome buck

I was in 33 yesterday and saw a bunch of does and a mid 80's buck on the trail of one of the does, he spent all morning with her and bedded down close to her. The rut is starting to pick up even though it was in the high 70's yesterday.

This was my favorite whitetail hunt so far. I have killed other nice whitetails, but this one tops all the rest. I will attempted to get a bigger one, but I don't think it will be easy. I will tell you this, I will have fun trying. Coosefan and myself have had a lot of fun hunting whitetails together. Thanks for the great replies and you all have a great Christmas.

Craig

Great buck! And great pictures of the buck also! Congrats!

Everyone is saying the buck looks bigger than 108" and it is. I score conservatively and it is actually closer to 109" but no bigger than that. The mass makes him look bigger and you don't get enough credit for mass. Thanks for the reply's JIM

great job craig, just wanted to say thanks again for all you and jimbo did for me on my hunt in 36b. There's not many people out there that would give up their opening day of a december coues hunt, for a rookie 100 miles away in a different unit. A dream came true for me that sunday morning thanks to you and jimbo. I owe you one

Hey mulldaddy,

I would give up my opening day any time for you. Thanks for the reply and I enjoyed being with you during your hunt. I would not have wanted to miss it for anything.

your friend,

Craigster.