Sign in to follow this  
WBGS

Border Parking?

I have a hunt in Sonora this Jan. We are crossing from Douglas, AZ. Does anyone know if there is a secure place to park a vehicle on the U.S. side while I ride with a freind in his truck to Mexico. I would not mind paying for the extra security. Thanks

Wayne

Wayne, I used the parking lot a couple years ago there in Douglas, and if I remember correctly there is security and I didnt have any problems. I am sure Ernesto or somebody will post a response here that gives you a name of the lot etc............Allen............

Too far for a taxi or a friend to drop you off? Might save you some worries over the vehicle.

-Shiras

Too far for a taxi or a friend to drop you off? Might save you some worries over the vehicle.

-Shiras

That would be great if there is a secure palce to park.

Yes, I may have someone drop me off, but since I don't know when I am comming back it would be better to have the truck waiting for me. I just want to make sure its there

Thanks

-Shiras

Yes, I may have someone drop me off, but since I don't know when I am comming back it would be better to have the truck waiting for me. I just want to make sure its there

Thanks

There is a parking lot east of the border crossing I will check to see if they still have security guards there 24/7 I will let you know. When do you need to know by and what ranch are you hunting in mexico? We are hunting Jan 9-15 at the Mababi. CM

We are on Bamnori in the mountians east of Rio Sonora near the town of Arizpe. Hunted there last year with good success. We will cross on Jan. 12th

chillcoues,

If it is the same Mababi that I'm thinking of please tell Ted hello for me. He is a dear friend.

Chris Jacob

-Shiras

Thanks

There is a parking lot east of the border crossing I will check to see if they still have security guards there 24/7 I will let you know. When do you need to know by and what ranch are you hunting in mexico? We are hunting Jan 9-15 at the Mababi. CM

chillcoues,

If it is the same Mababi that I'm thinking of please tell Ted hello for me.  He is a dear friend.

Chris Jacob

-Shiras

Thanks

Yes I know Ted B very well he is a great Couesdeer hunter and a very entertaining Man I will tell him you said Hi Later CM

I have a hunt in Sonora this Jan.  We are crossing from Douglas, AZ.  Does anyone know if there is a secure place to park a vehicle on the U.S. side while I ride with a freind in his truck to Mexico. I would not mind paying for the extra security.  Thanks

Wayne

The parking lot is still there the security guard said they monitor it almost 24 /7 and that nothing usually happens to cars parked there it is located east of the border crossing about 200 yrds alot of law enforcment traffic there .Good luck on your hunt Later CM

Thanks CM, thats what I wanted to know! Good luck to you Tommy, stick that big non typ!