Red Rabbit

Labeling/Drawing on photos

Amanda and Scott,

I enjoyed your pics and daily accounts of your hunts. Can you share with us how you put the text and arrows on your photos?

Thanks.

Doug~RR

I used Adobe Photoshop Elements. But you can use other photo editing programs like Microsoft paint and Microsoft PictureIt. I actually find it easier in PictureIt than I do in photoshop and I think it's a cheaper program. Also, just an FYI - Photoshop Elements is a cheaper and less comprehensive program than the full Adobe Photoshop program. Elements has just about everything you need for photo editing though. I use it for almost all my photo editing.

Amanda

RR

you might also be able to do it with MS Word... I am sure there are a million shareware programs that you can use.. I use Lview..

Jason

I think for most guys MS Paint would be easiest. Just open your photo in paint, then look for the text option on the far left. If I remember right, it should be an "A." When you click on that "A" it will also give you two options a little lower on the tool bar. It will be a solid box, and a dotted line box. You will want to choose the one with the dotted line, so that the text appears to be in the photo instead of in a white box on top. Then you can just click anywhere on the photo and drag another box (No selection is needed once you click the "A") you can now make the box as big or as small as you want. Then you type what ever you want, then click OUTSIDE of the text box to set it on the photo. If you need the box to be bigger, just click on the corner of the text box you drew, and drag it out bigger.

I know this photo is heck-a-small, but it's the only way I can get it to work. I hope you can make it out. :unsure:

untitled.jpg