Sign in to follow this  
TREESTANDMAN

Archery Elk poll

http://www.archeryelksurvey.com/

This website was posted not too long ago but now it is up and working.

I have been drawn for the Nov archery bull in unit 23 and it is not an easy hunt. I hunted very hard and ended up taking a small 4*5. I really don't want them to move tags from the early hunt to the late hunt.

I had that hunt also. It is a very hard hunt. Did you notice the proposed November archery hunts will start 5 days after the rifle deer hunts end.

azyoung

What about the proposal to have early hunts in August / September?

I think you have a good chance to tag a big bull in August if you have the patience to sit water and work ethic + time to scout hard.

It would be a great chance to put those trail cams to use.

My buddy and I had the Nov. hunt in 23 2 years ago. Very tough! The rut is over and the bulls are down in the deep canyons licking their wounds. Very hard to pattern and never came to the same water twice. I hope they don't reduce the rut hunt numbers. There's nothing more exciting than bugling bulls fighting right in front of you!

Treestandman

Thanks for the heads up !!

My hunt of choice is the late hunt in 22 . I love that hunt . been lucky to have been drawn three times and have gotten two bulls . nothing big but there all big when your using a bow

Bruce

There is a comment box for archery elk in the survey, people may want to use these feature of the survey to voice their opinions on raising the price of elk tags. I have three children all of which will be appyling for archery elk within three years. My daughter already has two bonus points. Hunting shouldn't be a rich man's/family's sport, especially for resident tags. If they need more money I think they should pass the buck to non-residents like other states. Their (other states) ratios seem to be more if favor of their residents than Az. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's a fair statement. Anyway I waited 7 long years to archey hunt elk and I have to say it is my favorite hunting experience I have been on and can't wait to do it again. DURING THE RUT OF COURSE, ITS HARD ENOUGHT TO GET DRAWN WHY WOULD WE WANT TO LOWER SUCCESS RATIOS FOR LOWER QUALITY HUNTS. OUR OPINIONS NEED TO TO BE HEARD, TAKE THE SURVEY.

I took this bull in the 2004 archery season and now dream of holding another tag in my hand.

146f0878.jpg

Pass the buck to non-residents, geez thanks.

Mike in CA. ;)

Hey Mike I also apply out of state. I don't have anything against out of staters, except when they sue to lift the 10% cap. No really I understand that I'm going to get hit hard as a non-res. I don't think they should triple the price of our res tags. We have to look out for our own ya know.