Sign in to follow this  
quailchaser

36C December Hunt

Howdy,

I am doing some e-scouting, but I don't want any secret spots, etc.

I drew the December hunt in this unit, and I just wanted to see what happened there last year. I had the tag many years ago, and it was really fun. I saw a lot of deer and got one long shot. I hunted primarily down in the southern part of the unit.

I'm just looking to get opinions, conversation, etc., from anyone that knows this unit.

Thanks!

azpackhorse knows this area!

coueskrazy has drawn this tag 2 years in a row, last year I followed him around (cuz he knows all the great areas) and he smoked a monster at like 650 yards! just follow him around and you'll be in like Flynn!

Don't camp too close to any roads or you won't get much sleep due to all the BP trucks racing around. Don't be surprised by helicopters buzzing you to see if you're an Illegal. Other than that find the past burns and glass, glass, glass.

i had this tag last year, the rut didn't start till after the hunt, but there is a ton of deer in that unit!

i had this tag last year, the rut didn't start till after the hunt, but there is a ton of deer in that unit!

I'm the Godfather of 36C. Know that unit like the palm of my hand, if you don't believe me.....ask Doug (redrabbit)

I'm the Godfather of 36C. Know that unit like the palm of my hand, if you don't believe me.....ask Doug (redrabbit)

I don't know there Erenesto, I think anterdog (Jim) may be the Godfather of 36c...I'll give you GodUncle though.;)

no deer in there , just bp and illeagals, dont even waste your time going down there. ;)

Be nice Johnny, I believe there are at least 1 maybe 2 deer left in the 36's... Are you making the trip back to AZ this year? PM me.

Chris

no deer in there , just bp and illeagals, dont even waste your time going down there. ;)

Be nice Johnny, I believe there are at least 1 maybe 2 deer left in the 36's... Are you making the trip back to AZ this year? PM me.

Chris

I forgot to mention crazed hunters wandering aimless in the pitch black dark while talking on a cell phone ! :blink:

Chris

I forgot to mention crazed hunters wandering aimless in the pitch black dark while talking on a cell phone ! :blink:

Hey that will always be a nice story to tell...But hey you got out safe.