Sign in to follow this  
Becker

Some Mounts.......

That problem has been solved Monty! I know you'll always be there to remind me about it though.

Beautiful mounts Devin! You and Chris sure do turn out the goods!

Shorty!!! Cape the head!! You Can Doo IT!!! :P

Hey Gino your right I can do it but in the time it takes my slow knife skills I can get it cool and be on my way!

cohofishing, the best advice I can give is don't touch that velvet. I know its hard but if you look at the two velvet bucks that I posted, you can for sure tell a difference. That difference is one was REALLY handled and the other was hardly touched. Every time you touch that velvet the fine hairs get smashed down a little at a time. Once they have been smashed down there is no getting it back. As already mentioned there are lots of tips posted already. The main thing is keep them as cool as possible, and get them to your freezer or taxidermist as fast as possible. just whatever you do try your hardest not to touch them. (If you remember the buck that my wife Jody shot, I actually put the entire deer "minus the internals" inside the cab truck so it would be in the AC and rushed it back into town to my shop hahahaha)