Sign in to follow this  
Willyhunts2

Tips

This will be interesting. I actually never gave it a thought before now. I quit mounting things many years ago due to the high prices. I'm not saying the taxidermist don't deserve these new prices because of cost increase and their ability to do outstanding work. I just can't afford them anymore. I'm looking forward to see what others have to say about tipping. Good topic! :)

TJ

I never considered it, or heard of doing so. The way I look at it is, the price is set for a service and a quality job is expected. If it is not performed then we talk about why and whether some of the money is returned.

This of course goes without saying that I give the taxidermist an animal that was prepped correctly and taken care of. I always give 50% of the money upfront and pay the rest usually before the mount is done. I don't expect museum quality mounts from the average taxidermist but if that is what I want then I research the taxidermists out there and choose accordingly.

Going this route you can expect to pay more and have a longer wait.

about the same amount that you would tip the guy who hands you your food in the drive thru at McDonalds...