mtngoat

What GPS does everyone use?

Gotta go with the Oregon 550 with the southwest map chip. Sold my 60 csx and bought this one. IT HAS A CAMERA! Takes great pics and I can mark waypoints like that. Great unit.

I have the plain old camouflage garmin etrex. And I have the garmin astro 220 for tracking the hounds. Both do a great job at getting me back to where I started. the etrex is just extra weight in my pack. But I would rather have it then not. I can walk away from my truck all day long and end up back at it at dark 30. I have only been lost one time. And when I turned around to my friend to say we might be lost. I saw my tuck about 30 yards away peaking out of some trees.

I use the garmin gps 12. Basic, simple and easy to use. So far see no reason to upgrade.

Brian

I have a Garmin 12XL I bought new maybe 15 years ago but wanted something I could load topo maps on so I upgraded last month to the 60csx when REI had them on clearence. I am looking forward to using it this year.

Will be picking up the Garmin Oregon 450T tomorrow. A couple of SD cards and you are set, I already have the AZ/NM 1-24,000 card. I run into these quite a bit on wildland fires, the maps are real nice when you are in strange country for the first time. I believe they come stock with the western states 1-250,000 maps.

Used at $99 Etrex for many years, hope I can get the 11+ years of hunting info off of it and into my new one easy.