Sign in to follow this  
sjvcon

Weaver Tactical

Has anyone out there shot through the Weaver Tactical? I've been thinking about picking one up for my secondary rifle, and I've heard some good things. Just like to get a review from someone on this site that might have shot with it.

Thanks.

i don't have a tactical, but i do have one of the new 4x16's. i think it's called a grandslam. it was on a .264 i bought at the gunshow. have it on a 22/250 now. it is a really good scope. i really like it. weaver went way downhill for a long time, but these newer ones are a decent scope. they ain't like some of the real high dollar ones, but they are well worth the price. Lark.

I have some great scopes and I have a weaver tactical on my sendaro 300 ultra-mag and one on my 300 win. mag. I like them as much as the more expensive mark 4 from leupold. They are front focal plane and I won't shoot anything else on my long range rifles. The optics can't be beat. I like them more than any of my leupold scopes.

I have some great scopes and I have a weaver tactical on my sendaro 300 ultra-mag and one on my 300 win. mag. I like them as much as the more expensive mark 4 from leupold. They are front focal plane and I won't shoot anything else on my long range rifles. The optics can't be beat. I like them more than any of my leupold scopes.

Great to hear. I am really thinking hard about one. Need to try looking through a FFP though ... have not done that yet. Do you find that the reticle dissappears on the lower power? How about the no zero stop ... is that an issue?

The optics are crisp and clear at long range. I have shot a few coues over 500 yds. with no problem. I haven't had any issues with the reticle or anything else. I have an older one and a newer one and I love both. I understand your reservations. I got my first one by accident on an order. I loved it so much I kept it, and when I bought a new gun I didn't hesitate to order another one. My son has the front focal mark4 leupold he paid fifteen huntred dollars for. I like this scope just as well.

Thanks for the info. Looks like my custom might be wearing one when it is finished.