Sign in to follow this  
jhedg

Coues first time 36a

Got one of the extra tags for 36a never hunted Coues before I know its about glass/glass/glass. I have hunted whitetails out east, and been very successful over the last 20yrs, but I think this will be a lot diffrent, anyone want a tag along for the Nov 25th hunt:)

had that hunt last year, the temperature changes were a little funny, i remember one day i got out there around 4am and it was 28 deg. by noon it was in the mid 80's. missed on a nice 4x4 just west of arivaca on the last day of the hunt. buck fever got the best of me.

Temp changes on the hunt are the norm. Last year on mine, woke up one morning to my dodge, and my buddies saying 18*... Sure felt accurate... High that day was some like 78-82 or there abouts...

Don't be surprised if you see some pre rut activity. In my experience the middle age bucks will be together... Having said that the 100"+ buck I missed last year was seen once with a single doe, and twice by himself

sounds like fun, I should have the long range thing down, a ton of groundhog hunting 6,7,8 hundred yards, on a 5 inch kill zone, my only issue is hopefully my fat a$$ will make it up the hills :)

usually you cimb a mtn first then glass/glass. longer shots and small targets.

I have that hunt this year also. Gonna be getting up there friday night though. It's my first time in Arizona so I don't really know what to expect down there. Good luck though.

got a left over tag last year in that unit seen 20 to 30 deer a day mostly does and spikes hunted just west of arivaca , i passed on every thing i seen ,my sun shot a spike at 300 yards on the last day, just get up high and glass, if you find any big canyons sit and glass the illegal will push out what ever is in there had that happen a few times.