Sign in to follow this  
robertramsey61

Scope RIngs

I have a problem, I have a Tikka T3 300 win mag and bought the new Votex Viper HS 4-16x50mm LR scope, it has a 30mm tube, but the proplem is the Tikka came with rings and they are 1". I went to buy some new rings but cant find them as Tikka and Sako have smaller rails then the rest, so where can I find them, does anyone have any idea? I went to sportsmens and they dont.....

I would call or visit Outdoorsmans. I would also go with the Talley lightweight 1 piece ring/base. If Outdoorsmans has them, they should have different heights to try on your rig and see what fits well.

I say visit outdoorsmans as well. I brought 2 rifles to them this past saturday and they set them up with the talley's. Awesome service. He set several different rings until we found the perfect height.

They were about $50 per set. very solid mounts

That is also a base too. The base and lower ring are made from one piece of machined aluminum. The Talley lightweights are on par for price with Leupold ring/base combo, but worlds better. When I mount another scope without a rail, it will always be with the Talley lightweights. I've had problems with Leupold base/ring combos, never a problem with the Tally setup.

I bought a dnz game reaper mount for my winchester model 70. It is a one piece base and bottom mount like the talley. I paid $87 shipped. There is no need to lapped their mounts and so far I like what I see. I was having problems with my groups walking left to right with my leupold so I thought I try something different. They carry mounts for the tikka.

Brent

Call Talley and tell them what scope you have. They may be able to tell you what height you need. You can probably buy direct from them or a number of online retailers

I can sympathize with you. I bought a Tikka M65 30 years ago and had the same problem. Ended up machining a set myself. Maybe what you want is here? http://www.berettausa.com/shop-by-department/gun-accessories/rifles-and-carbines/sako-and-tikka-ring-mounts/default.aspx

EBB

Guess you probably don't need them anymore, but Warne makes a great set of rings for your Tikka. I have the medium mount Warnes on my T3 .270 and the high mount Warnes on my T3 .300 WSM because it has a 50mm objective scope. Warnes run about $50 a set and they do make high mounts for 30mm tubes.