Sign in to follow this  
Bowsniper Jr.

Finally, my first pheasant!!!

post-4313-0-08806300-1316405638_thumb.jpg

On Friday, my dad signed me out of school early to go pheasant hunting. He put "Hunting" in the reason for sign out. We picked up my brother Troy (kidbowhunter) and hit the road to Yuma to meet up with our good friends Matthew and Ernesto. As soon as we got to Yuma we went to see if we could get some pheasants. We saw a big one out in the middle of an open field, but since it was in the open, there was no cover to sneak up on it.

So we went to look for some more. We saw more, but I didn't get a shot. The next morning, we saw the same pheasant in the same open field. This time, we chased it into a nearby cotton field. We scared it up, but I missed. We saw others that morning, but I didn't get a shot. We went back in the afternoon to hunt again. About a half hour before dark, we found another rooster. This one was also in an wide open field on top of a berm. My dad said, "unhuntable!" Dad was WRONG! The bird moved to one side of a two foot berm. We were able to sneak in on the other side. He jumped up like a helicopter and took off 20 yards in front of us. My shotgun was already up, I whacked him, and he was dead before he hit the ground! :D

Special thanks to Matthew (Matthewp45) and Ernesto (Ernesto C) for guiding me and taking care of us for the whole weekend. I could not have done it without you! ;)

Thanks for reading!

-Bowsniper Jr.

Awesome job!

I too can't say enough great things about Matthew and Ernesto down in Yuma.

Hunting with good friends always makes for a memorable and rewarding hunt.

Congrats on your first!

Awesome job Daniel! I think Ernesto and I were more excited yelling from the truck than you were! Thanks again Matt and Ernesto!

Daniel, Y O U A R E T H E MAN !!! When I grow up I .......well I'm already older you....Any way congratulations on your pheasant! I was immpressed by your awesome shot! A big THANK YOU for letting me withness such an awesome moment of your life! Troy is right, we were yelling so laud I think they could hear us across the border :D

We (me and Matthew) will be waiting for you guys soon ;)

Ernesto C