Miller's Southwest

Hunter Harvest Report 2

Here is the general information that we gathered from hunter's in the field over this past weekends archery elk hunts.

For Clints Well- Hunt units 5A,5BNS and 6A. Hunting in these units was difficult again over the weekend and into the first part of this week. Lots of hunter's left the field on Sunday leaving the diehards with little competition chasing elk this week. Overall in all of the units around CW rut activity had slightly increased, but was sporadic. Hunter's were reporting low to moderate number's of elk being spotted during day's in the field. We began to process elk from these units today and even some of the big bulls seem to have a lot of outside fat, indicating that the bulls have not really been into rutting. Generally by the early rifle hunts these bulls will be completely lean with no trace of fat by the end of the archery hunt if they are rutting hard.

For Forest Lakes- Hunt units 3AC,4A,4B,23 & 22. Units 4A,3AC,22 & 23 have overall had more rut activity that unit 4B. Hunter's in these units have had much better success than the units around Clints Well and throughout this week and weekend a good number of trophy bull elk and elk in general have come in to our location. Early rifle hunter's should have a great hunt this upcoming weekend in these units. Hunter's overall were spotting multiple animals while out in the field each day and rut activity was good to above average with indications of increased activity each day.

THANK YOU very much to everyone who has utilized our services this year and in past years! Good Luck to everyone with a tag going on right now and for any hunts the remainder of the season.

Please visit our website to view some pictures of some of the elk that have come in over the past few weeks. www.southwesternprocessing.com then click on connect.

Thanks for the report - i'm sure a lot of upcomin hunts now have a better idea as what to expect on their units.

thanks agin for takin time to post this -

Anyone know who the guy with the lifted red ford superduty that was at the Forest lakes location on wednesday around mid day? They had a rack sticking up out of the back with big tops on it that looked exactly like one I was chasing, curious if it was, didn't have time to stop and check, but the bull I was after had a broken brow or two and his 5ths were longer then the rest of his mainbeams by 4 or 5 inches.

I saw a whopper at Forest Lakes Saturday mid-morning driving by. Any guess on a score on that one?

We are trying to post most of the pics of the better bulls and young hunters on our website with the information the hunter provides us. I think the best bull we've had in so far this weekend grossed 389. Thanks for the inquiry & check out new pics at www. Southwesternprocesing.com then click on connect.

Anyone know who the guy with the lifted red ford superduty that was at the Forest lakes location on wednesday around mid day? They had a rack sticking up out of the back with big tops on it that looked exactly like one I was chasing, curious if it was, didn't have time to stop and check, but the bull I was after had a broken brow or two and his 5ths were longer then the rest of his mainbeams by 4 or 5

inches.

If you look at the pics we've posted since Wendnesday, you might be able to tell if it was the bull you were chasing,

Hopefully it wasn't him and he'll be there for you when you draw next year (minus the broken tines!)