Sign in to follow this  
KaibabHunter

6A Archery Elk

Just curious what those of you who drew unit wide 6A archery bull tags thought of that set up versus breaking it into 3 sub units like they have in the past. I imagine some areas were overrun with hunters and some were pretty low pressure. If you had a choice, would you rather have the whole unit or the sub-units in the future? Personally, I think I would lean towards the sub-units.

Just curious what those of you who drew unit wide 6A archery bull tags thought of that set up versus breaking it into 3 sub units like they have in the past. I imagine some areas were overrun with hunters and some were pretty low pressure. If you had a choice, would you rather have the whole unit or the sub-units in the future? Personally, I think I would lean towards the sub-units.

I drew a 6a tag and going into the hunt i was worried about the pressure but after spending 9 days up there i was pleased that nobody was hunting in my area. Im okay with the unit staying as one big unit but im sure there are guys who wish it would go back like it was. Was a tough year to have a tag but i finally connected on a bull after passing 6 other bulls.

post-2694-0-00117100-1317354589_thumb.jpg

post-2694-0-63005500-1317354610_thumb.jpg

Just got to scout alot and hope they are still there when its game time! Nice bull ruthunter!

Nice bull congrats! I have a buddy doing some training in Flag who's breaking away every chance he gets - he says they're bugling like crazy. My boy has the cow tag next week, so one more chance to chase em.

I like being to hunt the whole unit as we have special spots in the north and south. Some years the tag you drew and the animals in our area don't "match up"