Sign in to follow this  
azdesert rat

outdoorsmans packs

any one use these packs? lookin at new packs for 3-5 days and meat packing but havent heard mutch about the outdoorsmans packs but they look like a good pack but would like to know how they stand up in real world conditions.

any info will be greatly apreciated

I've had mine for several years now and absolutely love it! I've hauled all my gear plus a coues buck in it with no problem. They are designed and built for the Western style of hunting. Great pockets, great support, and very high quality. Once you get over the price you'll find it is one of the best packs on the market. I probably overload mine and have yet to have any issues. I know a few members on here that have the same pack and I believe they'll echo my statements.

I also own and hunt with the Outdoorsmans pack system.

I echo Phils' review and would like to add that the long side pockets are perfect for our tripods.

Great pack, very well built and is truly adjustable to fit just about anyone.

i got over the price when i started planin on geting all new gear, im retirein my old gear for all new ultralight equpment and the best pack i can get, iv ben lookin at badlands ox and sacrafice and the outdoorsmans and ive ben leanin twards the outdoorsmans but wanted to know how it preformed and held up befor i droped that kinda dough. thanks for the info i think i am probaly gona end go with one of there packs then

I also have their pack and love it. The frame is very similar to the MOLLE pack I had in Iraq, but stronger. I put my tripod in one side pocket and keep my trekking poles in the other. It's very nice to be able to keep them on a trip where they are out of the way, and then have somewhere to put the bow and break out the poles to make it up and out with a load. Only been able to pack out a Javalina in it so far, but I have loaded it with 80+ lbs and gone hiking to help get in shape for philmont & elk season last year. I've yet to do anything more than an overnight out of it, but I have no doubt that it could handle a week or two in the high country of CO or the likes, especially with compact backpacking gear. You will not regret buying it.

Jerry

I've had mine for several years now and absolutely love it! I've hauled all my gear plus a coues buck in it with no problem. They are designed and built for the Western style of hunting. Great pockets, great support, and very high quality. Once you get over the price you'll find it is one of the best packs on the market. I probably overload mine and have yet to have any issues. I know a few members on here that have the same pack and I believe they'll echo my statements.

After seeing Phil's and Jimmy Parkers Outdoorsman packs in Mexico a couple years ago and had to have one for myslef. I love it and couldn't be more happy with it. As mentioned it's the perfect pack system for us western hunters.