Sign in to follow this  
1azbowhunter

lost bull found with horns cut off

on the 15th of the archery hunt my dad arrowed a giant bull with 3 or 4 points between his 5th and 6th.he shot him a little high,and there was no blood trail.we found him a couple days later with his horns cut off.if you have any information about it or have the horns we would like to make a replica of them and you can keep the horns.please be honest.

If you think someone is going to be "honest" after cutting the antlers off an obvious archery killed bull during season then....... Well, sorry to hear this and good luck recovering the antlers.

I would also contact the Unit Manager and give him the description of the antlers. You can't put your tag on something after the season closes, but maybe there is or could be an exception if they were found since a crime was committed.

+3 on game/fish. found an arrow killed,coyote eaten 6x7 last year. called g/f with the hopes of getting the antlers legally. nope-it was human killed so they cut off the horns and that was that.

Its legal to do that as long as you wrap your archery bull tag around the antlers. But I would have a hard time doing that "stupid".. In this day and age of hunting That wouldn't surprise me at all if someone did that then say they shoot it.

Sorry to hear that about your Dad's bull. There seems to be alot of that kind of stuff going on this year.

TJ