Sign in to follow this  
NewHunter

Nikon Spot On

For those that haven't found it yet, this program is awesome. It is designed for Nikon scopes, but it will work with any scope that can match the magnification/power of a Nikon scope. They have an app ($3.99 I think) for smartphones, but the website is free to use. You can print off a ballistic chart that is small enough to tape on your gun, or a large one to take to the range with you.

No, I don't work for them (don't even own anything Nikon) but figured I would share the wealth for those who hadn't found it. My brother-in-law showed it to me the other day at the range on his phone and I was sold. It is pretty nice to know exactly how high you need to shoot at 50 yards to be dead on at 250 yards. Saves a lot of walking!

http://www.nikonhunting.com/SpotOnRegistration/

You have to register, but it is free and you can skip over the emails they want to send you.

Enjoy!

Very Handy, Thx For The Info!

I had seen this before. I was actually looking for it the other day. Thanks for posting it up!

I tried using this last year, but entered some incorrect information and it threw my points way off. I am excited to see if it works this time around.

I had seen this before. I was actually looking for it the other day. Thanks for posting it up!

I tried using this last year, but entered some incorrect information and it threw my points way off. I am excited to see if it works this time around.

Interesting. I just entered the exact same ballistic information that I have programmed into my ballistics program on my phone (Shooter) into the Nikon site. It reflects a 7 inch difference at 500 yards than Shooter does. All of my field testing so far has confirmed Shooter's accuracy. Now, Shooter only calculates the number of clicks needed for the main crosshair while Nikon SpotOn breaks it down to the BDC reticles. But this was the same problem I had with SpotOn last year. It showed my bullet hitting a lot higher than it actually did (almost 10 feet at 700 yards, though part of that was some wrong information entered on my part).

So far I am a big fan of Shooter. Easy to use too.

I have tried on my 257 WBY MAG. and on my 270 WSM and that system/progam did not work on my rifles.

The Spot On program it say how many inches will drop at several distances and is not true. If I follow their advice I will be missing every single time.

My advice to any one trying to use this Spot On program will be to take your rifle to the range and shoot at your card board boxes/targets set at different distances and see if it is true what the program is saying. If it is true well good for you but if not, then take note.

Do your home work, do not trust the program, pratice, practice and then practice some more.

Ernesto C

I have tried on my 257 WBY MAG. and on my 270 WSM and that system/progam did not work on my rifles.

The Spot On program it say how many inches will drop at several distances and is not true. If I follow their advice I will be missing every single time.

My advice to any one trying to use this Spot On program will be to take your rifle to the range and shoot at your card board boxes/targets set at different distances and see if it is true what the program is saying. If it is true well good for you but if not, then take note.

Do your home work, do not trust the program, pratice, practice and then practice some more.

Ernesto C

I try but my wife keeps hollerin bout all them expensive bullets I'm shootin :)

Ernesto C

It worked for me... that is why I shared :)

I wouldn't trust it unless it had worked for me... I'm shooting a .270 with a Leupold VX3 4.5-14x40 and that program was Spot On for me :)

If anything, it gives you a place to start if you are starting from scratch.