Sign in to follow this  
russd

not a coues but ouch

I hate to say it but I hope there is an archer out there that is unhappy, and not a poacher who messed up, because I have a feeling that a poacher would shoot another and another until he took an easy one. I really hope that this elk makes it but it does not look good.

It looks to me the bull was shot very recently, it doesn't even look like he could lay on that side the arrow would be touching the ground somewhat. I'm just amazed the arrow isn't broke off. That's a very sad photo, hope a predator takes care of that soon. :D

My uncle told me a story of him and a friend of his hunting the rifle season in unit 1 and his friend shot a cow elk. when they gutted it they couldn't get the lungs to come out so they started to cut into the lungs and found an aluminum arrow lodged into the rib cage on both sides and the arrow was through both lungs. It had broken off on both sides and the wounds sealed. He said that the arrow looked like it had been there for at least a year because the wounds were no longer scabbed but they were scars. Thats a bummer to whoever put that arrow into that elk.

creed