azhuntnut

Spot and shot lion

Wahoo!!! I no longer have the smallest cat on CWT!!!

Congrats...

That is not true Casey. Dave has the largest kitten :lol: and you still have the smallest cat :D

Bah HaHaHaHa!!! And no spots!!! :lol: :P Nice try Casey!!! ;) :P

I found this to be a fascinating story. So many sightings at so many different times. Wow! Congratulations and sounds like you put some good time in too.

Oh ART, we cant all be proffesional lion hunters like you- Google the kofa mountain range, guess you didnt hear bout that in your state huh. Sorry buddy, but here in AZ your presious kitty was officially deemed SHEEP KILLER.

I wanted to add an update to this thread. Last Saturday while I was scouting for my upcoming Muzzy muley hunt, we found a lion kill within 5 miles of where I shot my lion This past weekend I found more tracks about 7 miles west of where I shot. Plus I noticed about 15 buzzards within a mile of the other lion kill, so I figured a lion must have struck again. The tracks that were found by the kill are from a big tom, so its not the mother of the ones I shot. The deer population in this area has decreased almost 90 percent from last year. I did hear of another sighting this past week in the general area. Lions are devaststing on deer population for sure, and I am seeing it more and more each weekend I am out. David

We had to wait out the snow after a Last day bull hit the the ground to finish the packing duties on the remaining meat we had haning in a tree. Before we even got back to the kill site we began cutting Lion tracks... We found 3 distinctively different lion tracts on the gut pile and ribcage, a kitten & puss as well as a decent Tom track. They had not touched our hanging meat but certainly would have once they finished the taste organ meat & rib bones... now I know why we have not seen many deer in that country as of late....

• Like 1

I would like to display el gato all over my house from tree branches to rock piles and yesss I would love a mount with a mom playing with her cubs!!!! Does this make me sick? I love to hunt period so any size would be an added trophy to my trophy hunt!!!!:huh: Congrats on yours!

• Like 1

OUT2HUNT...any pictures of jack rabbits, ground squirrels, or prairee dogs you have mounted? Seems like they would have a special category in the record books for a real man like you. By the way, lions are now the biggest cause of illegal immigration, inflation, and the high cost of health care.

OUT2HUNT...any pictures of jack rabbits, ground squirrels, or prairee dogs you have mounted? Seems like they would have a special category in the record books for a real man like you. By the way, lions are now the biggest cause of illegal immigration, inflation, and the high cost of health care.

Stick with your day job, sell your hounds and mules they are too fat to hunt you probably are too! :lol: Please stay in Colorado we don't want any more illegals here! :D

azhuntnut - Good for you great cat! PS... Learn how tow take a picture without out the blood & guts hanging out....! B)

• Like 1

gearsnagger...probably won't sell the dogs and mules, and I'm not fat, and I don't live in Colorado. I will keep my day job since I own the company. Anyway, this discussion has been downright invigorating, however, I have about worn it out. Onward and upward.