lucky2hunt

Ayyyyyy Chihuahua - pics of my 1st

Cousefan inspired me to write after reading his report! We went on the same hunt, I was a week earlier than him.

I just got back from my hunting trip in Chihuahua, it's hard to express to you how much I enjoyed it!!! I went with Chihuahua Rough Country Outfitters and what great bunch of people they turned out to be, I couldn't have asked for better guides (and cook). Antonio really went out of his way to try and figure out some of the deer patterns before I got there, he was really worried about me just using my bow. Goose, our other guide made sure I had everything I needed and I was comfortable with all my set ups. The first day I didn't see any deer, but it was a good day getting to know the terrain. The second day my husband came with me to sit with me in my Double Bull (scared me because he can hardly sit still for a couple of hours before he gets bored :) ) Right off we started to see animals, by the end of a 10 hour day we had seen 25 deer and 100+ Goulds Turkey. For 3 hours the turkey surrounded my blind making so much noise we could hardly hear each other, it was thrilling. I shot my deer the 3rd day at 9:15 a.m. he was the 15th deer to come in that morning. I shot him at 42 yards and we found him 100 yards through the trees. The excitement was overwhelming! I just shot my first deer! This is the first Couse Deer on this ranch to be shot with a bow AND the first EVER KILL by a woman! I am so proud, I know it's not a monster, but I couldn't be happier. :P The country is absolutely beautiful, lots of pine, oak and juniper, where my deer went down was 7900 feet in elevation! I miss my new friends, I miss Rufina's cooking, and I miss Chihuahua, I can't wait to go back...

IlenesCouesDeer1.jpg

One of many Goulds Turkey, if I'm lucky I'll get to go back and get one w/my bow this April

P1110032.jpg

Dandy bow buck, congrats and thanks for sharing your hunt :P

Wow, you really set the bar high for your next coues. That is a nice buck, and especially with a bow.

Congratulations on all the first places.

Guest Ernesto C

Wow lucky2hunt beatifull buck!! congratulations and God bless you more.Two thumbs waaaaayy up for you!!

Ernesto C

Thats awesome Ilene! Great buck and story! I never got to see any of the Goulds turkeys but I heard them several times during the hunt. My brother is videotaping some of the turkey hunts this year for Antonio, sounds like fun! Congrats on your buck! JIM

Congrats!!! Any coues with a bow is a trophy to be Proud of. A buck like that for your first coues..... that is Awesome!!!! As a man married to a woman who loves to hunt, I am sure your Husband is glowing with Pride!! Again, Congrats!! B)

Great buck and story! Nice to see another woman hunter! Way to go! And my husband can't sit still very long either , so I know what you mean.....

Mexico is a great place to hunt and to enjoy places with very few people in them and lots of wildlife.

Amanda

Super Nice buck!

Way to stick the target! Like the smile from ear to ear! :blink:

Thank you for sharing- Bet it was hard not to pull back on the Guajolote!

AzP&Y

Congrads on the nice buck. Especially a coues with a bow for the 1st one at 42 yards. Wow, good job.

For those of you that have a hard time sitting still you can use a game boy to help keep you still and quiet for a little while, thats what keeps me in the treestand long enough.

Lucky2hunt

Wow, really a nice buck and with a bow neverthless! Thats really cool. Great pictures and thanks for sharing the story with us.

Rich Thompson

P.S. That smile says it all!