Sign in to follow this  
dbengraver

Oct hunt

The early hunt was tough this year warm temps and not a lot of bucks moving. My brother killed his on the first day at 200 yards almost straight down hill and it took 3 hours to get it out of there. Mine was easy almost drove to him he was headed out of a small pond headed up hill at 450 yards running,I shot 4x the last shot found its mark

mine post-3815-0-78921500-1320195693_thumb.jpg

my brotherspost-3815-0-49257000-1320195774_thumb.jpg

we also had 2 more killed a spike and a smaller 2x but it was still fun

DB, I think we talked for a minute or so on Monday or Tuesday. My buddy and I had just hiked up out of the canyon and were standing at out quads.

Congrats on going four for four. No easy task.

DB, I think we talked for a minute or so on Monday or Tuesday. My buddy and I had just hiked up out of the canyon and were standing at out quads.

Congrats on going four for four. No easy task.

Yeah on tuesday on the powerline road, were you with the guys that were hunting the guys up the canyon on that lookout north of us with a white or silver ranger?

Yeah on the powerline road. We werent with those other guys. We were camped right at the Mud Springs Draw crossing. You guys said you were headed to the bottom then we saw you all again as you were coming back up i assume.

Yeah on the powerline road. We werent with those other guys. We were camped right at the Mud Springs Draw crossing. You guys said you were headed to the bottom then we saw you all again as you were coming back up i assume.

Yep that was us. nothing moving that afternoon just a couple of doe's this year was ruff didn't see the quality of bucks as we did last year but it was also 15 to 20 deg hotter than last year but still as always alot of fun!!!!