Sign in to follow this  
gauchoand

Remington Screwing Me

Just a tip or info for youI read a write up from hornandy the people that came up with the 17 hmr the bullet travels too fast for it to be shot from a auto loader action. So if you get another 17 hmr get a bolt gun

Not to be the guy in the room that the hot girl goes home with( I hate that guy)! But Remington was really gracious and awesome to me. I got a 300 rum xcr 700 two and a half years ago for my 17th birthday (less then 200 rounds through it) .My bolt locking lug that travels the outside of the receiver looks like crap and is being compromised. I call remington tell them my situation and also tell them i dont have my reciept anymore from sportsmans because my parents are moving to texas and was packed up. They send me a ups code to ship it to them their cost and now my rifle is on its way back at their cost. Sorry about the 17 hmr bro i bet it was badass and a fun little round to shoot.

Yeah ... 17HMR Plus SemiAuto = DISASTER!!!

I like the solution of sending them the gun and rebarrelling to .22 Mag. Seems like a good compromise. You still have a SemiAuto that is pretty cheap to shoot, and has good velocity, and it costs you nothing. Plus you still have that sentimental value. I'd call them on that ASAP.

Their offer of $200 may not make you whole, but let's face it, once it is off the shelf it isn't worth what you paid. I would think that they should not require you to buy a Remington though ... unless you could buy one of the other makers that fall under the parent company of Freedom Group (of which there are more than a few ... Bushmaster, DPMS, Marlin, Dakota Arms, etc.).