Sign in to follow this  
anthonyrmatthews

Building BP's for your child

My son put in for sheep and lope from 10 till 17 (my money of course) and then blew off putting in after that and flushed those bonus points for not getting drawn and the loyalty pts. GEEZ I was ticked. Now that he is out of college at least he is going deer hunting with me again! He better start paying for his own license and tag, though!

Let's all put our wives (even if they dont hunt) in for BPs. Then in 8-10 years we can all have these ladies enter the draw and transfer tags that should have gone to other hunters so we can make sure our kids go on a big game hunt before they are an ancient 13 years old. Great Freakin Idea. Are you serious? There are plenty of opportnities for youth to hunt, lets find other ways to increase it without screwing others. If they dont get drawn right away take them squirrel, rabbit, quail, predator hunting. They will love you just the same. No offense meant directly to you Anthony. I have 2 youngsters of my own (7 and 5) and they will have to wait and see what happens without me trying to screw with an already screwed up system. The sad thing about this is you would not be the first or only one out there to do this or similar things when it comes to increasing individuals or a family's odds for the sake of others.

I agree. I realize times have changed but how many of us grew up knowing kids who cared about the quality of a tag they drew? I never knew one. I sure wasn't one.

I really don't mind kids drawing quality tags. I just hope that in the mean time parents are teaching them the same principles and ideals that keeps the fire burning for us. Premium tags and giant critters are a great privilege AND responsibility. Some adults can't handle it. Let's be careful what we expect from our kids.

• Like 1

This is old news. If you are not participating in this system for your kids that is your choice but I think your crazy. If you have the opportunity to provide a great hunt for your kids than why in the world would you not take that opportunity. Just because the opportunity was not available to you when you were younger does not mean you should not take advantage of it for your kids. It is legal and there is nothing wrong with any parent or grandparent signing a tag over to their child or grandchild.

Brian